Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Dijon Darois (LFGI) - 1 day camping tolerated?

10 Posts

Good morning,

does anybody know if camping (tent) for 1 or 2 nights would be tolerated there?

Rgds

Hi,

I’ve posted the question on my various social media pages and should get a response soon.

James

LFCS (Bordeaux Léognan Saucats)

thank you very much, James!!

Since there is no hotel or other offer of overnight accommodation on or near the field, I don’t think you could offend anyone. Long live the French and their strong tradition of “live and let live” ! I would suggest you land there and simply pitch tent, then wait for a couple of hours to see if anybody turns up in protest. If not, you’ll be fine, otherwise, time to deploy your plan B.
But mind you: this advice is worth as much as you paid for it, and I have no local knowledge or experience.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

I would suggest you land there and simply pitch tent, then wait for a couple of hours to see if anybody turns up in protest. If not, you’ll be fine, otherwise, time to deploy your plan B.

I would advise caution on this front.

At Saucats, for example, camping is banned by the local council due to an incident a couple of years ago when about 50 travellers took over the whole airfield :

Hi,
Stayed in this place when we picked up our MCR kit a couple of years ago. about 2km from LFGI.

http://www.lafermeducoucou.fr/

translates to something like the cucko’s nest. Well we got out without being lobotomised, When they found out we drove non stop 1700 km with a large trailer they realised it would not make a difference who knows.. :)

ESG..., Sweden

Actually “Cuckoo Farm” – not that it matters much.
But was there anybody on the field keeping watch?

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Sent a PM.

Couple of bits of info I got thanks to the wonders of social media :

Response (translated and summarised)) from Stéphane, member of Dijon Darois flying club :

Hi, not sure if camping is allowed at Darois. I will ask the committee and let you know.
On the other hand, if the pilot is happy to fly 15 minutes further, he can land at Pouilly Maconge (LFEP), where I am a member of the committee, and camping is absolutely fine.

Let me know if you would like me to put you in touch.

Response from Tony, local pilot (translated and summarised)

My wife rents out her spare room in Dijon for 25 euros per night, and we can come and pick up the pilot from Darois.

PM for contact details if this is of interest

James

Last Edited by Bordeaux_Jim at 01 May 15:01

There is apparently a solution to any problem although it may not be what one started out asking.

LFPT, LFPN
10 Posts
Sign in to add your message