Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Castle Kennedy and the Isle of Mull

Shameless plug for two forthcoming gatherings, in case any of you has nowt better to do than flock to Scotland next weekend:

Castle Kennedy – a low-key annual event on what’s left of a WW2 airfield, in support of our local aristocracy. Having all the right connections, the Earl of Stair usually arranges fine weather and a decent buffet, in return for which he’ll relieve you of a tenner almost before you’ve landed on his immaculate Tarmac runway. There will probably be a Pitts, an RV4, a Bulldog, a Citabria and a brace of Gyro-mixers buzzing around like demented flies, but the rest of us, being sober citizens, will do our best to keep the rubber side down.

Glenforsa – a nice long smooth grass runway next to a hotel with good food and beer, owned by a Cub afficionado. What more could you want (apart from being at least 10 degrees further south)? Bring midge repellent…

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Tempting…

There seems to be no interest in the Alderney or Scilly Isles option.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Would love to, but our plan is waiting on a replacement hydrolic pump.

It will be second half of June before I can hope to do some flying. Though between wedding and tech problems, I haven’t done much this year, so looking forward to a busy second half of the year!

EIWT Weston, Ireland

I’m planning to go to the Northern Aviators flyin at Glenforsa in August… but this coming weekend probably won’t work for me since I’m retrieving my aircraft from Spanhoe and might have some things I need to do in the Midlands on my way home.

Andreas IOM
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message