Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Warsaw-Modlin EPMO

After several flights to Polands capitol I found out that for GA the new Modlin Airport is a very good option.
Before I ve been to Warsaw Int. EPWA which is only an option for Bizzjets in rgds to price, flexibility and affordable service.
The VFR Airfield , hardsurface too, Warsaw-Babice EPBC has no IFR option and the local transport works in fact only by taxi, except you like to carry your luggage in a 15 min walk to the tram. English is in Babice a rare language, some guys speak it , some avoid it ;-)
So it was time for Modlin. Handling is mandatory but afordable. Excellent and friendly service .
They saied " we are new in GA so we will do our very best" And they did.
Local transport works by busses , booked online prior the trip the “Modlin-bus” , online ticket to Citycenter for approx 6€.
So looking to all 3 airports of Warsaw, Modlin is by my experience so far the best option.

EDLW, Dortmund,Germany

Thanks for sharing! Good to know. Can you publish the prices you paid?

ESSZ, Sweden

I was there last year in a PA-28. From memory it was about 26 Euro for landing and 2 nights parking. (Initially they said something like “117” and I thought “117 Euro, expensive but OK I suppose”, and then they said “Zlotti, not Euro”. Hope they don’t read this). They hadn’t seen many GA, certainly not from UK (!), so these prices might not apply now. And it took 2 girls 2 hours to work them out! No problem with fuel, but not much English spoken. Got put thro’ X ray on the way out, where they confiscated a bottle of Whisky, placing it very carefully into a special trash can despite the handling agent being present, so arguably the charges were a little higher than I’ve stated.

Edited to say that they were very friendly after a bit of a slow start and I’d certainly go back. But not if I was in a hurry! And I stayed at the Hotel Royal, near the airport, very nice and affordable.

Last Edited by Aveling at 12 Sep 11:23
EGBW / KPRC, United Kingdom

You can also try Radom Sadków, EPRA, a town to the south of Warsaw, but I’m pretty sure the logistics of getting to/from Warsaw are easier at Modlin (bus, train, car).

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

I asked before via phone for the price, but as mentioned here, it was quite low so I forgot about the the exact number.
Upon filling the forms onsite , the payment form was asking for my CVC -Number of my Creditcard!!! :(
I told them that this is a PIN-Number and naturally I do not write it on ANY form.
This was accepted and they told me to send an invoice later.
When I will get it I will post the price here.
Thanks, “tmo” for the info rgd Radom, will keep it in my mind

EDLW, Dortmund,Germany

Got the bill, landing , handling and parking for 5 days in total 67€ .
Fair and ok.

EDLW, Dortmund,Germany

Can you kindly send me the contact of the handling company at EPMO?

Thanks

Last Edited by lmsl1967 at 14 Feb 19:54
LPSR, Portugal

LS Airport Services

Last Edited by loco at 14 Feb 20:36
LPFR, Poland

Does anyone has some more recent experience with Modlin? I’m planning Warsaw trip next month and I would definitely like to avoid EPWA.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

GA apron at EPWA is being renovated. Parking is only possible on the main apron and IIRC there’s 3 spots for GA. Nearly impossible to book an overnight stay.

I’ve been to EPMO this summer, but parked at the apron of one of the maintenance companies. Can’t comment on handling/parking. I paid 184,5 PLN for a day at EPMO. I normally pay around 1700 PLN at EPWA.

Last Edited by loco at 27 Sep 12:04
LPFR, Poland
18 Posts
Sign in to add your message