Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fly to ski

I called and got this info from the airport operator….Landing Fee 31.10 ATC Fee31.10 6 Euro Parking Fee per day (week day fees apply Shuttle Fee) 9.60 These fees apply to a single engine <2000Kg.

I asked about preheat, if there are any electric outlets for me to plug my Rieff engine heater. She said she will look into it and call back probably this coming Monday.
KHTO, LHTL

Here is the information concerning LOWS:

Parking per started 24 hours is 20% of the landing fee:
< 1.000 kg 2,51 €
1.001 kg – 1.500 kg 4,76 €
1.501 kg – 2.000 kg 6,22 €

During Winter PPR is required for Saturdays (according AIP Supplement).

always learning
LO__, Austria

It almost looks like LOWZ is not worth the bother, if you can fly to LOWS, get instrument approaches, etc.

LOWZ needs really perfect weather to get in, and almost as good to get back out.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Snoopy wrote:

If you have a car you can book cheaper accommodation in one of the neighbouring towns for less.

I did a 10mi search for hotels and still had problems because a lot were taken. Admittedly I did not check Air B&B. I just searched hotels mostly 4 star. I remember that in vacation resorts 4* doesn’t always mean 4*.

KHTO, LHTL

Peter wrote:

It almost looks like LOWZ is not worth the bother, if you can fly to LOWS, get instrument approaches, etc.

Thats what I thought as well. Too many variables. The fees for 3 overnights are around 90Euros all inclusive is very good but High by American standards. In actuality. its cheap compared to some of the fees Ive seen at some larger European airports; if you can actually land and park there.

Im not sure about LOWZ but LOWS has customs as well for Non Schengen arrivals.

I just spent 2 days looking at various mountains then looking for accommodations. Ive gotten cross eyed and disappointed that all the good places have already been booked out.

KHTO, LHTL

Seems like plenty of piste for everyone. If things get boring and if you rented a car you can always drive to Flachau which is only 31 mins away.
https://www.bergfex.com/obertauern/panorama/

KHTO, LHTL

LOWS is good. With GA it’s cheap no handling require and they have a dedicated GA office.
Been there last week it was great

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

Obertauern is obviously popular. Booking.com has only 8 properties in the vicinity, and all the ones within walking distance of a ski lift are gone. I booked the cheapest one – £236

and flying to LOWS is much less risk than LOWZ. The distances are similar

The cheap hotel can’t be that bad. It has a shower and, if the breakfast is all ham or eggs or pizza, for 3 days I can bring my own breakfast

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I thought about cheap as well. After all all you need is a warm bed and something to eat but I thought that if I dont pamper myself nobody else will. Sad comment but true.

I rented a car. What time are you getting to Salzburg? Im hoping to be skiing by 1PM.

KHTO, LHTL

Great our hotels are 350 m apart. Mine however is called Apparthotel Samson, which is located on the upscale side of the tracks.

If I dont get a roomy you can eat breakfast at my place since I booked for 2 and the price difference was negligible when compared with only one.

Last Edited by C210_Flyer at 27 Jan 16:25
KHTO, LHTL
Sign in to add your message