Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fly to ski

Buckerfan wrote:

Gstaad airport in Switzerland

Better check their price structure. For a SEP coming from within Switzerland it is ok (probably to avoid bad publicity) for anything else better close the website and simply forget about the airport.

To fly in with a JetProp from the UK for the week end the list seems to be at least:

Category 3 Landing 240 CHF
Snow surcharge 120 CHF
2 x Non-Schengen fee : per movement CHF 600.00
2 x Fire Cat 2 service per hr CHF 550.00 (For anything longer than 9m, probably to be paid for arrival and departure, not sure if mandatory)
Aircraft Category A3 parking 75 CHF

VAT is already included but that could end up beeing close to 3000 CHF in fees. Makes St Moritz look like a bargain.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Re Gstaad: For SEP inbound from extra-Schengen e.g. Lausanne is a much less costly option to clear customs. Same would go for Bern/LSZB or Grenchen/LSZG. Turnaround times are short at these places.

LSZG

Just transit through Lausanne or Bex so it becomes an Intraswiss flight.

When I learnt to fly I used to take club planes there regularly. Landing fees (minimal in those days) were paid to a nice lady in the tower who always gave you a slice of chocolate cake that was loaded with kirsch.

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

Bex is only open for intra-Schengen flights.

LSZG

Worth noting the Bern also has a hefty non-Schengen fee.

These days, you really have to chose well your first/last stop on the continent for any UK/Ireland flights..

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Well, I note the suggestion, but from ENVA, it would not be a one day operation :-) The one I’ve found so far is ENST, a bit of a walk before you can start the climb, but should be doable.

ENVA, Norway

Cervinia @ 12:58z today

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Are you sking soon? or waiting for better days?

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

From nearer the surface

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

on the ground… sooo boring

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland
Sign in to add your message