Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fly to ski

I’ve just been told

“you don’t need PPR number in LFLP.”

That is after the above process of creating a “fleet” and all the other stuff.

So, apparently, contrary to the AIP, no need to put anything on the flight plan! I specifically asked that question.

You just need an email from them saying it’s OK.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yes. Just see the SUP again. Small GA can just use the email address of the airport.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

That is how PPR is done in most places – even at Corfu

But in that case, why did I have to spend an hour or two creating my fleet of half a dozen 747s on the handling website? I thought maybe that process will generate the slot number but actually it seems to be good for nothing.

But, hey, I am now showing “accepted”

Just see the SUP again

What is that and where is it?

Administrator

They charge you for using the MyHandling web site.
Annecy is a great airport but has got a bit expensive once you are above the SEP weights.

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

They have told me there is no handling charge except at weekends. Obviously this is ambiguous (arrivals, departures, parking, or any/both?) so I am clarifying it.

On the face of it it looks like if you arrive on Friday and depart on Monday there is no handling charge.

Administrator

Wx permitting, I plan to go there this weekend (Friday to Monday) so if anyone is interested in meeting up…

http://en.legrandbornand.com/map-ski-area.html

I will be staying about 10 mins on the bus off to the right of this area – just got a place on AirB&B. There isn’t much nearby…

A friend of mine learnt to ski there. There are some good easy runs where you can just go for half an hour, get the cable car up and get another half an hour. And for those who can actually ski (which is everybody except me ) there are proper runs too.

Administrator

Track link

I will write this one up, because so many people say skiing via GA doesn’t make sense.

I reckon it will make sense, not least because getting out of bed 7am (GA, EOBT 0900) is equivalent to getting out of bed 2:30am and ending up totally shagged the next few days (Easyjet, etc).

I didn’t find anyone to go with this time (short notice) so the costs will be higher than they might be, however.

Administrator

I’m doing it also by GA not this weekend but the one after.
Will be landing in Annecy and go up to Morzine (we rent a car at the airport).

Might write something about it if needed to.

Romain

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

How do you get the rental car at the airport? I have never seen an agency there. Maybe only in winter season? Or do you have it brought up to the airport?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Don’t know… I will ask my friend about it and let you know.
Just saw on their website that it’s possible for buissnes aviation…

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB
Sign in to add your message