Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fly to ski

That will teach me to engage my brain first!

Thanks for the suggestion!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Croix de Cour airstrip is opened 360 days a year and located within the 4 valles

. . Jump out of the plane and you are on the slopes. Good to have skis in the winter….

EDTQ / Sarentino

definitely there is snow around, and i guess even the warmer days next week should not melt it away, but its true, the soil is warm and not the perfect base.
Enjoy
Lucas

Great photos

KHTO, LHTL

Peter,

the roundshot cams are excellent. We use them all the time at work. Just have a look at some of the others, they are much better than some of the professional weather cams…

This ist their main site

They have quite a few all over.

Here is one from Newquay

This is the Needle in Seattle

Aspen

Most of them are up to date, some might not be but they all have their time and date set, so you can’t really be fooled.

Check out the ones in Europe, some of them are quite helpful if you want to check conditions.

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 28 Nov 17:12
LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Fantastic post-frontal-wx photos. I have been over the Alps many times but have never seen such clear wx.

Administrator

My current plan is

Sion 11th Dec
Lausanne (alternate)
St Gallen (2nd alternate)
Friedrichshafen (3rd alternate)

Sion and Lausanne are equidistant from Bex which has easy transport to Villars.

If the wx for the 11th Dec looks dodgy on the 7th Dec we will get an airline and probably fly to Innsbruck

Administrator

I am curious if you will reach it, the weather still looks as a challenge. I will try to reach Courchevel on the 14t or 14th and 15th.

Vie
EBAW/EBZW

Yes the wx is very unpredictable, but it’s way too early to tell this far out.

I contacted Sion LSGS and got this

Their price list states a 100 CHF minimum charge, but when I queried whether all their landing etc charges are on top of that, they just sent me the above costs, which are very fair. So it looks like the minimum charge doesn’t apply?

Regarding hangarage I need to contact
Tag Aviation
++41 27 305 24 24
Alpine Jet Service
++41 27 327 30 50
but they are now closed (open only during daylight). I will report what I find, and same for Lausanne LSGL.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Their price list states a 100 CHF minimum charge

The price list states several 100 CHF minimum charges, one for above 2t, for “cleaning material hydrocarbone” (whatever that is), for aircraft hold cleaning, for cabin loading, for extra manpower, all of which you probably don’t need…

LSZK, Switzerland
Sign in to add your message