Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Unified Fuel Price Chart

I also carefully updated fuel prices in SkyDemon on a longer trip this May for every single airport where we stopped. Or so I thought.

I used my phone right after fueling because it has the SIM with roaming. But since I also use SkyDemon on two iPads (one for backup), the phone got logged out of SkyDemon. It acknowledged the fuel prices when I sent them, but then I noticed they never got published. Such a stupid system.

I prefer how ForeFlight does this; it syncs your different devices with the last entered routes etc., so if you make a change on one device, it updates all the others. This is actually very handy, but would make “sharing” an account quite cumbersome I suppose. But I could connect two iPads and two iPhones just fine.

i agree this is not such a nice feature from SD it is rather anoying and stops you from updating

fly2000

I know only this one here:
“You-fly”: https://www.you-fly.com/airport/
but there is no automatic update feature that will keep track of the prices that may vary.

Last Edited by Flyamax at 06 Oct 13:48
France

Not sure how auto updates would work, since most airports don’t publish prices online.

If they did, and kept the format constant, then one could (with a lot of hard labour) create a script which would grab the data and collate it into a database.

OTOH I don’t think an airport has much incentive to publish a price list.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thanks for the tip about the mapping tab Peter_Paul!

Indeed, I surely hope all of us SD users will do our part!

Peter wrote:

OTOH I don’t think an airport has much incentive to publish a price list.

Well, if they are cheaper than the average, they would certainly like to have their price published. But generally, there is no price list. Every customer gets his own price. Our company supplies us with a (strictly confidential!) price list for all suppliers at all European airports every two weeks. Different suppliers on the same airport can differ by as much as a factor of two on any day. And even if I would publish our confidential list on this forum, everyone would get quoted a different price depending on the day and the amount of fuel requested…

EDDS - Stuttgart

What???!
There’s an über secret list?!
You hold the keys to the galaxy man!

I just checked on http://www.airshampoo.de/mod/icao/icao.php?prices=1&sort=100ll and the fuel price for my airport LHTL is off. So I tried to update it but it wouldnt allow me.

Yeah its a real pain when you have a monopoly with the blessing of the govt. I noticed Germany is especially egregious in this regard. There must be 25 airports all reporting the exact same price.

KHTO, LHTL

Rwy20 wrote:

But since I also use SkyDemon on two iPads (one for backup), the phone got logged out of SkyDemon.

How did that happen ?
Is there a limit to the number of connected devices ?
I have my phone and my iPad and regularly use the web app from SD and never got logged out of anywhere because I logged in in a new spot.

ELLX (Luxembourg), Luxembourg

C210_Flyer wrote:

and the fuel price for my airport LHTL is off. So I tried to update it but it wouldnt allow me.

For me airshampoo. de is the best website to check fuel prices, I keep it updatded since years after refuelling. Let me know the new price for AVGAS at LHTL, I will do it for you from Germany.

Berlin, Germany
Sign in to add your message