Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Toussus LFPN - getting out of hours authorisation

I am trying to fly to Toussus next next. Due to relatively tight constraints on departure time, and NOTAM indicating ATC stops at 1930Z.
Airfield is restricted to non based aircraft outside of ATS hours, unless you get an authorisation from DSAC.
Has anyone tried to get one? Is it reasonably likely to get one?
I’d still be landing in AD opening hours, just no ATC. DA40NG so not noisy either.
Thanks,
Noe

I have not because I generally fly aircraft that at based at Toussus in/out of Toussus, so not limited to OPS hours.

From what I understand it is possible to get the authorization provided you demonstrate you speak French well enough to do French R/T, and knowledge of the local procedures which are outlined in a circulary from DGAC. local copy
Please note that Villacoublay will speak French to you outside ATC hours, and they may decline start-up clearance if you do not.

The details about the DGAC contact to obtain the permission to operate outside hours has been posted here previously, but I cannot find it. I assume you can contact the person who wrote the above circulary.

LFPT, LFPN

Thank you. French is one of my mother tongues so that shouldn’t be an issue.
I’ll try to contact the person from the circular and will post back.
Do you also arrive IFR outside ATS hours?

Noe wrote:

Do you also arrive IFR outside ATS hours?

That does happen. In that case, according to the French AIP you are limited to the circling minima and are not allowed to perform a straight-in approach. You have to inspect the runway and observe the windsock before landing. If you have another means of determining the runway in use, like a preceeding aircraft which reports landing on such and such runway, you can do a straight-in.

LFPT, LFPN

I see, it makes sense.
I imagine knowing the wind at Villacoublay doesn’t count, as with that rule they probably want to make sure one integrates in whatever circuit might be in use at the time, right?

Isn’t Pontoise a good alternative? You can use the pilot-controlled-lights and land there basically 24/7.

EDLE, Netherlands

Aviathor wrote:

and are not allowed to perform a straight-in approach.

Toussus is an exception where you can perform a straight-in approach during A/A.

Check consignes locales local copy

Last Edited by Guillaume at 12 Oct 16:31

AeroPlus wrote:

sn’t Pontoise a good alternative? You can use the pilot-controlled-lights and land there basically 24/7.

Thanks, I have used Pontoise a couple of times, but this time I am not even going into central Paris, and have to spend the day at a university very close to Toussus. From Toussus, I can just take my brompton, while pontoise adds 60km and probably lots of traffic. Then I’d just take the Eurostar.

Guillaume wrote:

Toussus is an exception where you can perform a straight-in approach during A/A.

What I described above is pretty much what is written in section ARRIVEES. I do not see how Toussus is an exception. But that’s probably for another thread.

I wrote:

If you have another means of determining the runway in use, like a preceeding aircraft which reports landing on such and such runway, you can do a straight-in.

LFPT, LFPN

Aviathor wrote:

What I described above is pretty much what is written in section ARRIVEES

Indeed, I read your post too quickly

Last Edited by Guillaume at 12 Oct 18:20
12 Posts
Sign in to add your message