Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Short notice fly in EDTY Schwäbisch Hall Lunch Sunday 13 November

So anyone else thinking of coming? Will call restaurant later today to finalise numbers.

EGTK Oxford

Sent you a PM yesterday, but these don’t seem to work these days.
I will try to fly in as well but can’t really confirm. Count me in anyway, please.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Seems tough for me (getting a plane today)

Ok. Thanks both. I got your PM bosco and replied to it.

EGTK Oxford

As far as is known, PMs work fine, so I would suggest that you check your email spam box. That is always the weak link: email delivery.

This is also relevant, as are other posts in the IT/Website section on this recurring topic. Gmail is really unbelievably stupid – they are using 1980s antispam tactics. I have demonstrated a 100% loss rate with a 1-word email to a particular recipient, and a 100% success rate with a 2-word email. A 50% loss rate with a brief email but containing a URL. Etc. Driverless cars? Yeah right…

You can also pick up incoming PMs by going to your profile (under My Account / User to User Messages). So no need to rely on email delivery working.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

OK. My mailserver identified you as a spammer.

OK lunch is at 1300 lcl. Should be 5 of us. Goldener Adler in the square next to St. Michael’s church.

EGTK Oxford

It’s goose with Spaetzle today!

Agreat day. Nice to meet Noe at last and see italianjon and his lovely wife. Bosco making it just added to a good day. Just shows that small short notice events in Northern Europe can be easy and not stressful to arrange.

Personally I would like to thank Langen radar for the complete reroute on the ground which gave Bosco the advantage on departure! It was the departure followed by 10 new waypoints…..

EGTK Oxford

Yeah, I felt sorry for you whilst you were trying to figure out all those new waypoints!

Anyway, the contrast in aircraft couldn’t have been more stark today:

And the weather was nice, as was the venue and the lunch.

Sign in to add your message