Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

New airfield in Croatia - Island of Vis

not sure how to understand, what airport opens 27 May and what is opening in 2018 ?

Vis airfield opening on May 27th 2017 if everything is according to the plan.

Last Edited by Emir at 18 Mar 19:58
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Great news to hear about a new airfield. They are very rare.

EGLK, United Kingdom

luckymaaa wrote:

not sure how to understand, what airport opens 27 May and what is opening in 2018 ?

Vis airfield supposed to open in May, 2017 – Croatia’s entry into the Schengen zone maybe in 2018.

Friedrichshafen EDNY

Ah, thanks, there was some confusion here, too. All clear now, and do let us hope for Croatia to join Schengen as soon as ever may be.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Any chances for some extra 100 – 150 m of the field? I am afraid 800m grass and Croatian summer temperatures will be quite a performance issue for many…
And as securing money for a paved runway is always a challenge – I think having this grass strip some loger could be of much sense.

EP..

Bart wrote:

Any chances for some extra 100 – 150 m of the field?

I asked the same but currently that’s it – 800 m. The extension will come with hard surface – the guy who runs the project is working on ensuring finances for this.

This is how it looks at the moment.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Great news!!! I hope they will manage..

Slovakia

Overflew it today, I guess they’re waiting for the grass to grow

Hello,

I’m flying to Croatia at the end of May (21st-28th), would be great to land there!
Does anyone have an update about the opening of Vis airfield, as well as the contact info of the airfield owner / operator?

Thanks,

Benoit

Sign in to add your message