Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

New airfield in Croatia - Island of Vis

Current status of the runway:

You can land there with a permit from the CAA.

There are some contacts on their facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/Aerodrom-Vis-1880411178908691/

This is great to see!

I found this video of the area from 2010

I looked for contact info because many people here are not on FB but there doesn’t appear to be any, apart from sending a FB message.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Emir, is May 27, 2017 still the plan to open? Any idea when it will be published through AIP? Does anybody know the condition of the runway? Would you take a DA 42 or P210 there?

CenturionFlyer
LKLT

I was there few weeks ago and I doubt it will be opened as planned because there are some disputes who operates it. The runway looked good but the grass was poor and I can see that it still is. The guys who prepred the runway are currently/temporarily out of the game and I don’t know who will give guarantees that runway is good condition.

I’ll phone CAA on Friday and check legal status. I don’t have any intention to fly there before a) it’s legally ok b) get guarantees that runway is in proper condition. Landing to grass strip on my own responsibility without getting any professional opinion on quality of runway is something that I’ll for sure avoid.

Last Edited by Emir at 16 May 23:47
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

A friend was in Brac last week and queried Split ATC who said they didn’t think it would open any time soon, probably for the reasons mentioned by Emir in his last post above.

LSZK, Switzerland

Unfortunately, Croatian beaurocracy looks like it takes its toll again.

Forever learning
EGTB

What happened with this project? Anyone know?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

It’s not about bureaucracy – it’s about state not properly functioning. The situation is legally clear: it’s state-owned piece of land given to Rijeka airport authorities (LDRI) to build the airfield. However, some local interests are involved: “aeroclub” which actually doesn’t exist, farmer who “planned” to use this land for 300€/year payment to government asking now for compensation, some local politicians etc. The result: project is now almost dead. The solution: enforcing the law. But this requires some battles to be taken and some people moved out of way.

Currently CAA doesn’t issue permits to land because this requires land owner’s consent which can’t be obtained. Which is legally correct and that’s how it should be until final legal resolution.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I got information yesterday that progress on this case could be expected during autumn. The state is planning to intervene and resolve the issue. I’m not sure how soon this will be.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

updates?

LPSR, Portugal
Sign in to add your message