Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ESGG - Landvetter closing out GA aircraft through enormous handling fees

What is especially annoying is if you read the AIP for ESGG there is a link to a website supposedly listing the FBOs, but when you open the link there is no mention of FBO or handling agents, a search on that site for “FBO” or “handling” gives exactly 0 hits.
Swedavia in general does not like GA.

ESMK, Sweden

Swedavia is the anti-christ. They screwed Bromma up and every airport they run. It’s just so Swedish to have a state run company shit on the little guy because it doesn’t fit in with their views.

AdamFrisch wrote:

It’s just so Swedish to have a state run company shit on the little guy because it doesn’t fit in with their views.

I wouldn’t say that’s particularly Swedish at all but an inherent consequence of giving a profit-making company a defacto monopoly on a pseudo-market. Look at FRAPORT in Greece. While the Swedish CAA operated the state-owned airports, before the creation of Swedavia, the attitude was very different. Their slogan used to be “we work for you that fly” with pictures of a Cessna 172, a Boeing 747 and a SAAB 37 Viggen.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

It is a sad situation there at the moment. Another option for you might be to go to Borås(ESGE). It depends on where you are going in the Gothenburg area.
Perhaps this would be a possibility for them to arrange some rental car or something.

ESSZ, Sweden

The situation is even worse than described in this thread. Today I was quoted some €800 for landing, handling and one day parking at ESGG.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Thankfully ESGP is open again. Latest information is here: https://aro.lfv.se/Editorial/View/3925/SUP_25_18%20ESGP%20Nytt%20CTR

ESME, ESMS

Thanks @Dimme

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Dimme wrote:

Thankfully ESGP is open again.
But not yet as an IFR airport. At a recent visit I asked TWR when they expected that restriction to be lifted and they just sighed. I guess it is not as easy as simply reinstating the old IAPs as the runway has been shortened at both ends.

Be warned that although the airport is open every day 0800-2200 local time, the ground staff leaves at 1800 local time, meaning that as a visiting pilot you can’t enter or leave the apron after that time. (You can of course ask a local pilot to help you, e.g. from one of the aeroclubs, but that would not be a reliable option.)

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 21 Jun 06:33
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Dimme wrote:

Thankfully ESGP is open again. Latest information is here: https://aro.lfv.se/Editorial/View/3925/SUP_25_18%20ESGP%20Nytt%20CTR

Wow, how did that happen??

EGTK Oxford

BTW I got handling price list – while for e.g. DA42 Aviator handlig is €680, for A320 it’s only €1450, a bit more than double

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message