Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ESGG - Landvetter closing out GA aircraft through enormous handling fees

That probably raises the value of a DA42

ESME, ESMS

It’s great to hear Save is back! Last time I was there they had just auctioned off all the furniture and it looked pretty terminal (no pun intended). A point to note is that taxi service in Gothenburg is amazingly corrupt and you have to very careful about which cab you get in, reputable vs. 100 Euro ride to the city. Oh and the fuel pump was limited to 50 Euro delivery which became very perplexing, appearing to reject all my cards when actually it was just the limit kicking in.

EGBW / KPRC, United Kingdom

That’s not a Gothenburg-dpecific issue. It’s a Sweden-wide problem. Every taxy driver may fix his rates as he likes. Tourists regularly fall into this trap. A disgrace and one of the reasons why I don’t usually travel to Sweden anymore.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

You can always ask for a price before you enter the taxi, and you MUST do so. Otherwise they charge you the window sticker price the moment you enter the taxi, even for 100 m ride.

@boscomantico I really hope you don’t judge an entire country by it’s taxi drivers

Last Edited by Dimme at 21 Jun 10:43
ESME, ESMS

JasonC wrote:

Wow, how did that happen??
June 5, 2018.
But the runway is a lot shorter now.

ESMK, Sweden

Aveling wrote:

A point to note is that taxi service in Gothenburg is amazingly corrupt and you have to very careful about which cab you get in, reputable vs. 100 Euro ride to the city.

This is not due to corruption but to a free market. There is no regulation of taxi fares in Sweden. “Buyer beware.”

That said, the free market is vastly overrated which the Swedish taxi example shows.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

boscomantico wrote:

one of the reasons why I don’t usually travel to Sweden anymore.

If I would use bad taxi experiences to determine what countries to revisit or not, there would be many countries I would avoid….

SAS has ad hoc ground handling. About €100 for DA40NG.

-ESMP-
ESMP, ESMV

A quick question for locals (to avoid reading AIP ). I’m flying tomorrow to ESGP with ESGT filed as alternate. However, tower doesn’t work at ESGT on Fridays and Saturdays. Am I allowed to execute instrument approach at ESGT in case flying there regardless tower being closed?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir wrote:

A quick question for locals (to avoid reading AIP ). I’m flying tomorrow to ESGP with ESGT filed as alternate. However, tower doesn’t work at ESGT on Fridays and Saturdays. Am I allowed to execute instrument approach at ESGT in case flying there regardless tower being closed?

According to part-NCO you may, but most likely ATC won’t play ball. I wouldn’t file ESGT as alternate unless the wx was good enough that I wouldn’t need an IAP.

Anyway, judging from the forecasts, you won’t need an alternate tomorrow.

Sign in to add your message