Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Dresden EDDC 12/13 August 2017

Aveling wrote:

One thing to avoid is car rental at the airport, 141 Euro for one day!

For renting a car at a German airport (and generally elsewhere) you should always pre-book online – if necessary by using your smartphone while you are standing in front of the counter. Walk-up-rates can be outrageously high.

Friedrichshafen EDNY

That is true for almost all countries i have travelled to. NEVER walk in a car rental, always book online.

Well, people say that about booking hotel rooms too, but all hotels put only limited # of rooms onto booking.com (etc) so you often find there are no rooms at all. I am not sure why hotels do this; probably because booking.com takes a heavy margin (15% min) and they don’t want to sell too many at such a cost. If I was doing car hire I would do the trick. What this means is that while walking in may indeed be the least smart, the optimal method is a phone call to the hotel/car hire.

Back to the t-shirts – anyone still after one, please drop me a line

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Just revisited. Greetings to those who participated in 2017!!

Likely the last „trip“ for 2020…

Last Edited by boscomantico at 22 Oct 21:37
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

It’s really amazing city and friendly airport with great city connection. @Dimme remembers it very well

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Very nice city and helpful airport staff. This was my last long trip, it has been a while.

I certainly remember it, both because of the diversion on the way down and the dead battery on the way up.

Last Edited by Dimme at 24 Oct 07:58
ESME, ESMS
86 Posts
Sign in to add your message