Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

LFTF Cuers - Information welcome!

I agree that the pricing is quite high, especially with parking on poor quality grass, but avgas is really cheap, and there are no hard runway airports close by which are not at least twice as expensive.

EGTF, LFTF

The price for >= 1.5T is 30e per day – fresh info as I spent 3 hours there today .. > 3T is 80e per day. I don’t want to whine at parking fees especially after burning 100 gals of avgas but that wasn’t exactly friendly, even though the person manning the toll both was.

Cuers is a great stop, 100% recommend!

I found my invoice from Cuers

I paid 10 €/day (incl VAT) for <1.5T.

Not quite sure what the price is for >=1.5T but when I was told it struck me as a big jump. I see someone on another forum reported it was 15 € per day, so it may well be 15€/day for >=1.5T

Last Edited by Aviathor at 30 Aug 15:54
LFPT, LFPN

Jean wrote:

With Total Air Card you pay 1.80€/l anywhere :
Tarif Carte et Liste des terrains Air Total

Depends on what month. The price by TOTAL changes from one month to the other. That particular month (July) Cuers’ fuel was a few cents lower than TOTAL.

LFPT, LFPN

Noe,

Sorry missed your initial post. Indeed the Air Force is re-paving the runway, since they’re not concerned at all with the GA traffic they’re closing the full runway instead of doing things in tranches… The runway is in very good shape as far as I’m concerned but apparently they keep getting FOD in the transport airplanes which are maintained there (makes you wonder how they cope in Africa and the Middle East).

You may consider landing in Cannes and asking your dad to pick you up there, it’s a nice sailing trip from Hyeres. (It will take him a while to sail back with the dominant westerlies). Aix LFMA is a good 1h30 from Hyeres Harbour.

More generally, Cuers is nice, it pays to get to know the people there. There are only a few good spots for visiting aircrafts (and I call gibs on mine!). The grass is barely good enough to taxi on if you’re above 1500kg.

EGTF, LFTF

Aviathor wrote:

I called ahead and explained my intentions. Got some good tips about the pricing. There is a big difference between below and above 1500 kg. As far as I can tell they must have some of the cheapest 100LL in France (1.80 €).

With Total Air Card you pay 1.80€/l anywhere :
Tarif Carte et Liste des terrains Air Total

Jean
EBST, Belgium

“sans impondérable” means that the runway will reopen on october 28th “provided nothing unexpected happens” (e.g. the works are delayed due to bad weather). It implies that they do expect delays because they have no provision for any sort of risk…

where does this statement come from, btw?

You may as well consider LFMA, which is open, GA friendly and ~ 1 hour drive to Hyeres

Last Edited by Alboule at 21 Aug 19:26
LFNR

Urgh.. Getting me further and further away it seems! Will try to confirm tomorrow by phone since not NOTAMed (yet!)
What do they mean by “sans imponderable”? Just “no exceptions”? My french getting a bit rusty on these subtleties.

Urgh.. Getting me further and further away it seems! Will try to confirm tomorrow by phone since not NOTAMed (yet!)
What do they mean by “sans imponderable”? Just “no exceptions”? My french getting a bit rusty on these subtleties.Probably will have to Look at le castellet now

What do they mean by “sans imponderable”? Just “no exceptions”? My french getting a bit rusty on these subtleties.Probably will have to Look at le castellet now(this post is weird. When I try to edit I don’t see the "double text part)

Last Edited by Noe at 21 Aug 16:05

!!! Attention : la piste de LFTF sera fermée pour travaux
du dimanche 27 août CS+30 au samedi 28 octobre LS-30,
bien évidemment sans impondérable !!!

… need to be quick, then ;-)
rather this week ?

EDM_, Germany
15 Posts
Sign in to add your message