Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Advice on Amsterdam?

pilotrobbie wrote:

This is what happens when you vote left-wing government’s in power. They take away your civil liberties, and try change things that shouldn’t be changed or without consultation.

If restricting flights and operating hours is a “left-wing” breach of “civil liberties”, then you’ll not find many governments in Europe who are not “left wing”. I don’t see that Tory governments in the UK are or have been very active in trying to improve operating hours of airports – or civil liberties in general.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Peter_Mundy wrote:

@pilotrobbie – check your facts. Our government is right of center and has been for the last 14 years.

Airborne_Again wrote:

If restricting flights and operating hours is a “left-wing” breach of “civil liberties”, then you’ll not find many governments in Europe who are not “left wing”. I don’t see that Tory governments in the UK are or have been very active in trying to improve operating hours of airports – or civil liberties in general.

I stand corrected, but it’s heavily frustrating that our industry is targeted when no other industry does more. I agree we need to do more for the environment, like why is milk in plastic and not glass bottles like the milk floats? Wasn’t that reusable? Making transport that runs on diesel (busses) into trams, that’s the sort of stuff I agree on.

But controlling what an airport does, when it does it and how it does it is wrong. We’ve gone about a successful industry since well before I was born, why are we only seeing the last 10 years of all these taxes/controls on our life’s. Paying a tax doesn’t help the climate.

I think what they are doing with the Netherlands with the farming, Schiphol and co is heavily short-sighted and will bite the people that make the country as great as it is in the backside, extremely unfairly after the last 3 years of restrictions.

Last Edited by pilotrobbie at 08 Apr 09:38
Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

This was posted somewhere

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

It will all end in a compromise – that is the Dutch way of doing things.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Visited EHAM the weekend before – Thursday to Saturday. Not cheap, but not overly expensive considering the size.

No concerns, very big airport, but handled very efficiently by ATC in and out and IFR too. Fairly straightforward and welcoming – handling by AviaVIP and would love more custom. First I’ve heard at a major intl airport, so if you fancy a long weekend in Amsterdam. This is your chance.

Here’s the EUROGA Website Report: https://airports.euroga.org/record.php?id=1544

Will aim to release the BLOG and VLOGs in the coming months.

Last Edited by pilotrobbie at 03 Feb 18:18
EGSG, United Kingdom

Thanks for the report. Cheaper than majority of Croatian airports which are considerably smaller than EHAM.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir wrote:

Thanks for the report. Cheaper than majority of Croatian airports which are considerably smaller than EHAM.

That’s mental. Great airport and experience, not something I’ll do often.

EGSG, United Kingdom

By the way, just got the £18 bill for Eurocontrol for this flight.

EGSG, United Kingdom

Why did you get a Eurocontrol bill? Weren’t you in a DA40 less than 2 tonnes.

France

Terminal charges? I got a €17.90 bill for Dutch terminal charges for an IFR flight from Rotterdam (no charge for the inbound flight, though).

EGTF, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message