Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Hiking fly-in: Spain 2018, LECD etc

Just bumping this thread.

Telegram group joining link https://t.me/joinchat/BcKpDk5UNtxQLMG4hcHOZg

We need to know who is planning to come, so e.g. one can check there is enough avgas at LECD.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I tried to make a booking this morning at the Aero-Hotel. Unfortunately they do not accept dogs. And no other Hotel is in walking distance to the airport which will accept dogs. So as often in Spain, the dog is the restricting factor. So I wish everybody a pleasant hiking trip, this time we won‘t join.

EDDS , Germany

It is a shame you can’t come @eddsPeter
I hope to see you at another fly-in !

Did you try in La Seu landing in LESU ? You’d have to rent a car but it is maybe worth it.

LFOU, France

This thread is very long and there’s a stack of messages on the Telegram group, too.

Would it be possible for someone to post a quick summary of trip arrangements here, please?

- What day are most people arriving? Friday afternoon or Saturday?
- Where are most of you staying?
- Which evening is the main dinner?

Thanks!

Bordeaux

The most likely dinner slot would be Saturday evening – based on previous fly-ins.

I think most of those interested are in the telegram group so best to keep an eye on that.

I wonder if we might see @coolhand this time?

Administrator

Wx looks ok for Friday

To see whether one can fly to the overhead in VMC, here is one webcam http://www.observatori-bellver.com/meteo/webcam.htm

Administrator

This fly-in is being delayed due to non VFR wx in the area. A new date is being considered, with 9th June initially.

Administrator

In case you folks decide to put this hike off until the end of summer, the European Mountain Pilots’ annual gathering will be at LECD on 8-9 September this year. The Geiger Cup will be held just across the border at LFYS.

All welcome, even especially if not (yet) a “mountain pilot”.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Hi everyone!

I will be available in Cerdanya June 9th. I can provide rides in the car (for hiking or aviation) or any other help or support that is needed. I live 8 minutes from the aerodrome.

June is really a nice time, as long as weather doesn’t happen to go to non-VFR. Things are still green, a little snow still on the peaks, etc. By July things really have gone to brown (including above timberline), and it can (though doesn’t mean it will) get quite hot. The French side of the Pyrenees can be resplendently green in June.

September can be a little boring, again all brown. Any snow on the hills would be related to an early storm and would melt off quickly, revealing brown in its wake. No fall color until October.

Hi Hyoxiacub!
Thanks! It would be nice to meet you there.
Maybe you could join the telegram group?

Private field, Mallorca, Spain
Sign in to add your message