Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Looking for info on Are Ostersund Aiport ESNZ

I can’t seem to get someone picking up the line at the airport so trying here :)

I was considering stopping at Are Ostersund ENSZ instead of Trondheim ENVA (while the restaurant I am going to is equidistant from both, the hotel is in Are, which is closer to ENSZ.

Looking for feedback. Flying in a DA42, inbound from London. This is for early February.
- Immigation (also can’t get through the line)
- Hangarage available / Ground power available?
- Is JETA1’s cost significantly different between Norway and Sweden.
- Costs to consider: Mandatory Handling? (would think no?)
- Do the hours change considerably from: (I am looking at arriving afternoon to early night on a Thursday or Friday, and Depart Sunday mid-day)
B) 17/11/06 00:00 C) 17/12/03 23:59
E) AERODROME HOURS OF OPS/SERVICE MON-TUE 0515-2155 WED 0515-2220 THU-FRI 0515-2155 SAT 0645-1845 SUN 0645-2145

Thanks!

The airport website has been tainted by the “commercial flights syndrome”. All info relates to passenger wanting to take commercial flights.

I did go through the AIP (that’s where I got numbers for operations & immigration). However, up to 2 min ago didn’t manage to speak to anyone (the conversation wasn’t super helpful, they asked me to send an email)

If you stay for a couple of days it might be worth to check out Optand Airport(ESNM) just east of Östersund. It is more of a club airfield but they seem to have JETA1 that you can pay with credit card. You might also be able to get customs and immigration there if it is required. You could probably check that with the staff at ESNZ.

More info seems to be here:
https://aro.lfv.se/Editorial/View/9/ES_GEN_1_2_en

This will probably save you some money and ease of access is the best. No security checks and a friendly aeroclub.

ESSZ, Sweden

Thanks will have a look! Definitely like club style airfields!
Need to check what’s the car rental situation though, and that might end up tip the scale in favour of an airport with CAT.
How GA friendly are these regional CAT airports in the Nordics?

You can also get closer – here

I hope you can translate it.

pmh
ekbr ekbi, Denmark

Are you going to Fäviken?

How long runway do you need?
ESNM is 1000m asphalt www.optand.nu

Then you have Åre/Molanda. It is even closer and they have 860m asphalt. Aremolanda.se. They also have Jet A1.

I haven’t been to Östersund airport with GA but normaly all those smal airports in sweden is verry GA friendly.

-ESMP-
ESMP, ESMV

Noe wrote:

How GA friendly are these regional CAT airports in the Nordics?

Generally very. I’ve only made technical stops at Östersund but those were no problem whatsoever.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Pilot-H wrote:

Are you going to Fäviken?

Yes, building some protective layer before heading to the Svalbard cold!

29 Posts
Sign in to add your message