Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A little trip Shoreham EGKA to Pau LFBP

Here’s a quick and dirty video of the flight EGKA-LFBP. Experienced pilots will find it boring; it was done to show a flight in the Eurocontrol IFR system

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thanks for the photos, a friend will be working near there soon for couple of weeks and I’ll send him the photos.

Yes, the bunkers look like those used for ammunition storage.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 19 Aug 16:08

A question, can one refuel at LFBP without a BP card?

Yes, @lmsl1967 you can, we did in may.

BTW, @Peter landing wasn’t exactly cheap in Pau. We landed on a weekend and had to fill out a little form. The invoice arrived a few weeks later and was 80€ for landing and one night parking including VAT.

There is an email address on the invoice: [email protected]

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

Many thanks terbang; I have emailed that address also, and it elicited the same WW2-era antispam response

It looks like every email address used by Pau is separately “protected” by that system. Their server must be running flat out sending out all the bounces, against every piece of spam it gets… Nowadays, anyone running this is likely to get blacklisted, so a lot of the genuine emails they send out will get dumped. Gmail was one of the first to blacklist servers which use this system, many years ago.

Administrator

terbang wrote:

Yes, @lmsl1967 you can, we did in may.

Thanks, I am planning to refuel there on my way to Portugal.

LPSR, Portugal

I saw Peter on the arrivals board in Shoreham as it wasn’t cleared in the morning of the 18th.

The front was later just before Frankfurt and up to FL220. Luckily there was a hole.

United Kingdom

lmsl1967 wrote:

Thanks, I am planning to refuel there on my way to Portugal.

Did you consider Agen (LFBA)? It isn’t far and if it’s just for fuel and not for the city of Pau, this might be a cheaper alternativ?

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

I got a reply from [email protected]

Not sure if it is right for 2 nights’ parking but that’s not my business. They have all the information and the invoice shows the correct dates.

Obviously this is a very reasonable cost. A very nice and friendly airport. Even the police were really nice

The direct line is +33 (0)5 59 33 33 10.

Only bank transfers are possible, no credit card. So I will have to sort out one of those money transfer outfits. Which is the easiest one to set up?

Administrator

The wiggly river is the Dordogne and the town is Libourne. The Saint Emilion and Pomerol vineyards are to the right. Further up the river in the distance is the town of Castillon-la-Bataille where the British were defeated in 1453, putting an end to the 100 years’ war. This is not taught in English history.
A very scenic flight can be had following the Dordogne up through its gorges in the Massif Central to its source at the Puy de Sancy (6188’), the highest point in the range of extinct volcanos (Puys).
Simon

Peter wrote:

Only bank transfers are possible, no credit card. So I will have to sort out one of those money transfer outfits. Which is the easiest one to set up?

Currency Fair are good, but I recommend an account with Revolut for serious travelers like yourself.
Simon
ps I get a reward of €30 for referring a friend to CurrencyFair, but Revolut has greater utility unless all you want to do are money exchanges.

Last Edited by simon32 at 20 Aug 15:27
Sign in to add your message