Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Twin Rating - minimum "maintenance" required

One small point to add to this discussion, the FAA Chief Counsel has an opinion stating that passing a Flight Instructor practical test does not count as meeting the 61.56 Flight Review requirements. IMHO it should, but doesn't.

KUZA, United States

they won't do the IR in a SEP due to the high MSA in the vicinity

IMHO that is just revenue maximisation.

All over the USA they do IRs in SEs. I suppose it works over there because the USA is completely flat

It's like the majority of UK FTOs will not touch a customer with his own aircraft.

They just want to run the standard ATPL sausage machine.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

This was superficially attractive because if I ever buy a twin it will be the DA42.

Peter, in the event another one of your southern trips is in the direction of Spain, please drop by in Palma and I gladly will take you flying in the DA42 and you can experience its pro's and con's first hand (if you have not yet already done so).

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Palma as in Majorca?

One airport with avgas and no Customs. One airport with Customs and no avgas

I've flown a few times in the DA42 and do like it. It flies very similarly to the TB20 but has a spare engine. It's also quieter. Less good in turbulence though.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

NCYankee,

In my post #15, I didn't disagree with comments made by you in the post #14, but I was simply following on the Peter's question (#11) and my response to that question (#13).

Cheers, ANTEK

YSCB
25 Posts
Sign in to add your message