Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

UK CAA authorised FE

I have been revalidting my Norwegian SEP with foreign examiners or instructors since 2002.

Since I moved to France I did proficiency checks every other year with a French examiner and sent the paperwork to the Norwegian NAA which returned me a new ratings&privileges and sometimes a new license.

I can also revalidate by experience just by sending a copy of my logbook documenting that I satisfy the requirements to the Norwegian NAA. In that case the NAA enters the new date into a new license and returns that to me.

This year I have done 3 skill tests with French examiners according to the procedure in the examiners differences document. On the last occasion I asked the examiner to revalidate my SEP as well, and he made the entry into my license as per the differences document.

Not all countries apply the same procedures. For UK the examiner must have been approved or registered. Same for France. The foreign examiner must apply through a web site, pay a fee and wait for his name to appear in the list of approved examiners.

LFPT, LFPN

My question was about how to maintain your examiner privilege. I was not aware that a dummy test was permitted. Thank you Balliol

Paris, France

Look at the mess that EASA produced. Here we have European standards and they are not shared and accepted. My FA license ins only good in a EU country which is not my licencing country, if I do an examiner test with that foreign authority. Bravo well done EASA!

EDTQ / Sarentino

I’m looking for a UK CAA Examiner (FE/CRE/TRE) or a BGA Club Chairman, CFI or Secretary, BGA authorised Flight
Instructor or Examiner, who could certify my paperwork for the conversion of my UK NPPL TMG into an EASA SPL (Sail Plane Licence)
The job is only to sign on the copies that you saw the originals.

I’m in Brussels until this Tuesday.
I’ll be available in London this Thursday December 17th only. I can travel wherever necessary around London
And then I won’t be available at all in Europe, and my NPPL TMG rating will lapse.

Paris, France
24 Posts
Sign in to add your message