Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aiming for the iPad only tripkit

Would your browser’s log (the ‘history’ file) be acceptable in this case?

No, exactly not, because the german law says you need to show evidence upon request by an inspector, which usually happens right at the airfield of arrival or departure, so you need to give that evidence on the spot.

Sure, when something bad happens, than it is better than nothing to have proof of your preflight action at home or on some server, but in order to avoid troubles with inspectors “in the field” it is wise to have it all with you. Again, that is only the german side of things, other countries may have different wordings and practices.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I put the RR briefings into a “briefings” folder of the Good Reader PDF app on the iPad. And I also collect them in a folder of my Dropbox account. This way I have access to them from ANY PC, iPhone, iPad that’s connected to the internet.

Does German law require the information on paper? If not, you could show him the Ipad or whatever.

And I also collect them in a folder of my Dropbox account.

If you were doing that with pre-EU Croatia 3G roaming rates, that would explain why you fly only an SR22

I could not rely on that. I’ve have had too many cases of mysterious zero data connectivity, and I am with Vodafone on a business contract so supposedly UK’s premium quality corporate network… Justine has an Iphone 4 on T-Mobile and occasionally gets a full signal but no data in Brighton, UK! (apparently that one is well known)

And I can be sure it will bite me at the worst possible time.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I do not agree.

First, almost everywhere I am there’s some WIFI connection … on al airports, in every cafe on every greek island, in almost every hotel, household …

And if there’s no WIFI i use my mobile data. I pay 5 Euros for 50 MB, valid for one week. Of course, since I use my iPhone non-stop I pay 5 euros daily … so what.

I also carry a mobile hotspot into which i can pay a Croatian 3G SIM card. Costs around 15 € if I remember correctly and lasts a long time. Forgot the data limit now, but it’s pretty cheap

Since I started using Dropbox I have all important datan everywhere. I can even lose the iPhone – and get it all from any PC in the wolrd that has internet.

It is VERY RARE really that i have no data connection. I just spent a week in Sciliy and it did not work in the hotel’s breakfast room (bet my wife let them switch it off there :-)) Everywhere else it worked – even in 2600 m on Mount Etna

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 08 Jan 16:15
34 Posts
Sign in to add your message