Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Goto top button

Hello,
the forum’s interface is extremely nice.
To make it even better (actually 1% better), can you put a “Goto top” button in the end of each thread messages?

LGMT (Mytilene, Lesvos, Greece), Greece

Can I add a vote for this? It really would be much appreciated improvement.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

? Can’t see the need.
The “home” on my keyboard does this nicely. Getting to the top of the current page, that is.
To get to the beginning of the thread, click the number one in a square box, if there’s more than one page.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Thanks for the tip Jan. I’ve learnt something today (“home” button to get to top)!

UK, United Kingdom

What, please, is the ‘home’ button. Is this a Windosaurus thingy??

My keyboard is not dedicated to any operating system, it was just bought as cheapo as possible. It is a “Logitech Classic keyboard 200”. Actually I am now using it with an Ubuntu Linux but it worked as well for the Debian I had before. The virtualised WinXP I keep has no problem with it, either.

“home” is the top left of a block of six keys, the others are “end”, “insert”, “delete”, “page up”, “page down”. I can’t remember ever seeing a keyboard without these, since the introduction of the original IBM PC a few decades ago.

On a more general note, I recommend everybody to try and use the keyboard as much as possible, preferring it over the mouse. Mouse is handy when unsure how to achieve a given goal, as happens when getting used to a new environment or piece of software. But once the proper key or key combination known, that one works faster, more precise, and is less stressy on certain muscles and joints. That is to say, as long as the keyboard will be used at all – in a CAD application things might be different. Then I hear from architects and graphical designers that they prefer trackballs over mice but that may be a matter of taste/habit.

Last Edited by at 20 May 15:53
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

no “home” key on an ipad

Ah, my deepest sympathy. You choose an environment with few amenities, and now there you are…

Frankly, I do not know anything about these expensive toys, but if a comparison with Android makes any sense, I thought one could choose from several “pseudo keyboards” ?

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

no “home” key on an ipad

When you have swiped/scrolled down a page on an iPad, if you touch the little bar at the top of the screen, the one where the clock, battery %, and wifi symbol is shown (the top 6mm of screen), the page should automatically scroll back to the top, same as a home button on a qwerty keyboard. Hope this helps.

Last Edited by AeroFixer at 20 May 18:13
I’d rather be flying
United Kingdom

That works :)

I learn something new everyday

11 Posts
Sign in to add your message