Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

smartCHECK, the Talking Checklist

As soon as the Seneca PA34-220t is available I’m in :)

EGHO Thruxton

Couldn’t wait just bought app. Very Cool!

What’s the quickest way of me getting my Seneca lll stats into it?

EGHO Thruxton

Hi

the quickest way would be to overwrite the existing Cirrus Checklist. But you have to know how to do it. What is BEST is to delete the existing items and insert new ones. That means: do not change the text in the items but DELETE then and add new ones with “+”. That has a technical background which is a bit harder to explain, but I will do so on the website soon.

I’ll get in touch wicth you by PM!

I do not want money back but I would like it if my Commander Checklist would become available.. I have it digitally.

Hi Commander
what we need is the complete checklist from the POH, including all Normal, Abnormal and Emergency Checklists. Users can then modify these checklists for their individual planes. Want to send me the file, if you have it?

@Flyer59, another question: can you have multiple check lists for the same type? E.g. for the Seneca I would do both the standard one (from the POH) and the one we use in our group, which is an adaptation. Would that work?

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

Vladimir,
we do not want to integrate pesonal or modified checklists into the app – only original ones form the POH. The users/pilots will then have to modify the standard checklists according their needs.
We just don’t want to deal with all the personal preferences and we also don’t have the logistics/manpower to do that.
What we could maybe (have to ask) do is to install your personal checklist in a test version of the app, which you would get from us (not from the app store).
Of course a user can download a checklist, modidy it and save it with the individual registration of his plane. He can still download the same type again and do another modification (bought checklists can be used as often as needed)

That sounds reasonable. I think more and more that a feature to download/upload custom checklists will be very nice to have. Thus one could:

• Download an existing checklist
  • Modify it for his/her needs
  • Save it
  • Upload it to any number of devices he/she has
  • Modify it again e.g. for another plane of the same type
  • Upload it under another name

Do you plan such features?

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

One more thing: I am sure several people on the forum would gladly contribute to your application by providing you with checklists without payment. It would be great if you could mention them somewhere (e.g. on an info page under “Contributors”) together with their name and maybe a link to their profile or something they do in connection with flying. I would appreciate that much more than a payment.

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

We have a whole lots of features … but we will see if there’s a way to pay for all that programming :-)

Of course it would be great to upload your own checklist. But for that we would have to develop another app that helps the user CEATE those checklists in a simple way and converts them into the format we need. There’t not many who could write it in “JSON” format the correct way, and let the user do that would create a lot of frustration.

Sign in to add your message