Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Weekend trip to Hungary, Pecs LHPP

On friday we decided to go for the weekend to Pecs (LHPP). Before I wrote with Zsolt and as he mentioned here it was a realy easy flight. Nice weather, friendly controllers and a perfect service at the airport. They speak good English and also good German there. Avgas was available (2,10 €/liter), runway length is about 1.500 meters, ILS and NDB approach, concrete runway, landing and parking for 2 days with the Bonanza was 24,— €.
We talked to the guys there and they would be very happy about a fly-in. The city of Pecs is only 15 minutes by taxi, the famous wine region Villany is only half an hour to go. So I can strongly recommend this region and we took the chance to fill our wine cellar.
So here some pictures.

Passing the Alps

The lake Balaton

Pecs on NDB approach runway 16 (see the famous cathedral in the middle, worth to visit)

The city centre, nearly impossible to take a foto without some nice ladies on it

A catholic-muslim church. It is possible to mary as a catholic with a muslim there. It can be so easy!

Villany, one street and dozens of wine cellars

Enjoying life

Leaving LHPP

The Alps again

Passau, look on the different colours of the water.

Thats it. Now the Bonanza is at Straubing to get the Aspen Evolution . It will be hard without flying the next 4 weeks.

EDDS , Germany

Hallo Peter,

Nice little trip. Looks like Piper enjoyed it..:-)

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

@boscomantico Yes she enjoyed it, although it was really hot. Villany 35 degrees. :-)

EDDS , Germany

Thanks for that! I quickly added this to my list

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

eddsPeter wrote:

On friday we decided to go for the weekend to Pecs (LHPP)

Next friday we are planning to do this trip for sightseeing Pecs and visiting some friends in Hungary if weather permits. After IFR arrival from Berlin we want to fly VFR to LHKI on Saturday.
Where can we get the approach charts from ? Can anyone post a link please ? Is a flight plan mandatory for VFR-flights in Hungary?
Many thanks.

Berlin, Germany

Where can we get the approach charts from ?

All IFR approach charts are in the AIP. I’m on a mobile device and can’t post a link now.

Unofficial VFR charts for smaller fields: http://www.hungaryairport.hu/airport.php

Flight plans are not mandatory for domestic VFR flights, unless you want to cross Budapest TMA. In theory they’re required for TIZ crossings and entries as well, but that’s not enforced. OTOH it will be much easier to work with FIS if you have one. It’s compulsory to file a flight plan for flights crossing Budapest FIR boundary.

Last Edited by JnsV at 09 Apr 13:55
Hajdúszoboszló LHHO

JnsV wrote:

Unofficial VFR charts for smaller fields: http://www.hungaryairport.hu/airport.php

Many thanks for the info and the link. I did found LHKI there. IFR approach charts are not the problem.

Berlin, Germany
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message