Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What have you done with, or on your aircraft, this week-end? (5-6 August 2023)

Just starting the thread
Not sure I’ll have any flying to report, no aerial adventure planned… yet…
If the winds now stay calmed down, I’ll probably head to the RC field for some model flying. Saturday is always a good day as those working folks finally have their days off, and the field becomes a beehive of activities.

Went for the ritual €500 pizza yesterday Friday, but the flight was not really enjoyable. Hit my head once, shortly after take-off. Tightened the whole of my 5 point harness to the max, and still scored another 4 hits! The whole flight to, and back, was very bumpy, and though I don’t mind turbulence for a short while, that was enough. Joining downwind (at 2’000ft) for runway 26 (elevation 1’300) on my field still showed a tailwind of 37kts. Luckily the runway lies into westerlies

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Working in the evenings to stay cool, I stripped my plane down for Annual. I think Ground probably thought that I was funny taxiing it over to my IA friend’s hangar for inspection with no cowling installed etc, but that’s the way we’re doing it this year. The Annual will be done by Monday.

I don’t particularly like somebody else touching my plane while I’m not there, but I need the sign-off. I’ll look it over closely when I get it back and do the oil change etc.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 04 Aug 18:46

Our plan was to fly direct Svolvaer to Roskilde on Monday but wx seems worthy of Odin’s anger:

So we instead decided to leave ENSH one day early and improvise an EuroGA meetup at Trondheim on the way to EKRK…will report further…

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Did another instrument flight with an instructor, getting to grips with how the system works in France. Yesterday’s goal was to understand how IFR works in conjunction with uncontrolled, VFR-only airports, though I threw in a couple of approaches as well: LFMD (Cannes) – LFNH (Carpentras) – LFLU (Valence) – LFMV (Avignon) – lunch – LFTF (Cuers) – LFMD. 4 hours flying, and I understand a little better how to combine IFR and VFR in France.

After lunch at Avignon, we realised that the weather around our destinations was truly awful – TCU overhead, thunderstorms, the whole works. So we sat it out at Avignon for a couple of hours and had perfect VMC on the way back. The ATIS at Cannes was 25G35, but by the time we got there it was down to 2 knots and I got to land on 35 for the first time ever. The winds in the Rhone valley were impressive though. LFMV was 25G38, and at altitude we had 50 knots at one point, luckily mostly behind us.

@Antonio – not sure if that’s a weather diagram or an abstract work of art. But if it’s weather, I’m very glad I didn’t try to fly in it!

LFMD, France

Flew to Lee on Solent EGHF

Looking forward to the Mali Losinj fly-in this coming weekend

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Great weather for IFR reval which was the first time back flying in a few months so very enjoyable.

Pig
If only I’d known that….
EGSH. Norwich. , United Kingdom

Postponed flying to Monday due to bad weather.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I changed the engine oil this afternoon 😂

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

The EuroGA gang made it to Trondheim in good weather. Leif and both Antonios next to Leif’s beautiful 185

The EuroGA all-Cessna fleet at Trondheim

Then we went on to Roskilde in not so good wx

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Mine was $400 (€363) this year, paid yesterday (Sunday) with annual inspection complete. I still have to change the oil, so that’ll be another $100 in parts.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 07 Aug 15:13
19 Posts
Sign in to add your message