Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What have you done with, or on your aircraft, this week-end? (26-27 August 2023)

Sooo, I guess the official fly-ins season draws to an end… just cancelled my participation in the Texel “Wings over Holland” fly-in, which I was really looking forward to, but there’s just too much wx forecast, here and there. Camping in the wind gusts and rain? Done it, survived, but sure ain’t fun.

Tomorrow I’ll probably get to the field and remove all that camping gear from my steed, and give her a pat on the back. I’ll also tell her about the next upgrade (ACS shipping pending…), namely the replacement of the ageing VM1000 with a GDU470 EMS, scheduled some time early Winter

And still a month to go for this EuroGA La Cerdanya LECD fly-in

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Looks like a lot of people canceled… pity for all, above all the organization. Thanks to you guys (gals are generically included).

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

12 km of fireworks tomorrow on the island next to Nicelli (LIPV) – Saturday 23:00.
To make it more relaxed, we already went today.
Had to circumnavigate a few large cells, but Innsbruck Radar was quite helpful.

Still time enough to come – although crossing the Alps tomorrow might not be fun.

Last Edited by ch.ess at 25 Aug 20:33
EDM_, Germany

@ch.ess Your first picture is my home :)

LOWI,LIPB, Italy

I took the kiddo out for her first front seat flying session. Mostly successful.. Santarem, Portugal. Note the crappy runway condition.. Parts of Portugal is like being in Africa ;-)

I borrowed an Insta360 X3 camera and trying to figure out how to best film with it. Clearly room for improvements.

Last Edited by Yeager at 26 Aug 11:16
Socata Rally MS.893E
Portugal

Program has been delayed by one day… live pic, unloading and stowing all my camping gear. I’ll now be able to fly hammerheads, aka stall turns, with less worries

And since I’m here, I’ll also service the tailwheel fork, a reoccurring maintenance task…

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

I’m not sure how you guys keep your planes so shiny @Dan. Ordinarily I’d assume it’s because they never fly, though I know that’s not the case for yours.

United Kingdom

Dan wrote:

Program has been delayed by one day… live pic, unloading and stowing all my camping gear. I’ll now be able to fly hammerheads, aka stall turns, with less worries

Beauties!

Socata Rally MS.893E
Portugal

I am waiting patiently for the planned avionics update going through:

The whole thing is slowly coming together, but I guess it’s better to wait until it’s finished before I can brag about it :)

LOWI,LIPB, Italy

We had our annual open door this weekend.
Yesterday the weather was fine, today we got very lucky apart from 1 major shower and 1 or 2 small ones.

The club managed to sell more then 90 intro flights (or sightseeing/baptism flights) across 3 airplanes. I managed to do 5 of them in 1h30.

EBZW, Belgium
28 Posts
Sign in to add your message