Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What have you done with, or on your aircraft, this week-end? (19-20 August 2023)

Got up early today, on my way to the LAA (former PFA) fly-in at Popham EGHP… decided to cross some of those delicious Scottish XXXX (nil ICAO identifiers) off my list.
As usual, a straight line from my base to Calais (who wants to file IFR for slots, detours, bad weather then cancellation?), 1/2 hr turnaround. Another straight line by Sheffield, Manchester, to the first destination of the day… all very quiet
Refueled at XXXX Kirkbride, AVGAS £1.95, ld fee a tenner, this being my idea of affordable. Excellent and super friendly service! You guys want to pay handling, radar, IFR approaches, hassle? Be my guest
Next leg to a classified XXXX, and then, goal of the day, Bute, another XXXX. Magnificent weather (beats that d..n heat wave in Central Europe)… for the moment

A certain island in Scotland…

Turning finals for a XXXX field on an island….

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Gigha!

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Ok, I’ll wear my stealth costume next time 👍🏻😉

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

Kirkbride is really nice.

I wonder if the EuroGA leaflets were still there

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I wonder if the EuroGA leaflets were still there

Didn’t check on those since I had other things on my mind… apologies

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

Amazing as always @Dan – hope to see you at Popham on Saturday.

Enjoying the speed of my new (to me) toy, I went to Leicester this evening for their curry night, which is every Thursday. One hour each way – the curry was described by a friend as “curry soup” but makes a change from a sausage roll I guess.

Enroute home met up with a friend in his Smith Miniplane for some formation.

Total of 68 litres burned, not bad.

United Kingdom

If someone is looking to fly somewhere next weekend here is an idea:
Our aeroclub has their annual open door/ fly-inn event on 26 and 27.

The facebook event;
https://facebook.com/events/s/opendeurdagen-aero-kiewit-2023/396661489349131/

English info can be found here:
http://www.ebzh.be/odd-piloteninfo/

I know its not up to euroga “standard” being grass and not ifr but i see there are a lot of pilots who still fly to these kind of events.

EBZW, Belgium

Today was beach day… man, I do love this place!

Curving tracks on a curving beach on a crosswind day, all leading to a certain RV… flaps left in a pertinent position

Slightly North of the airfield of Benbecula

Berneray island

My baby‘s been tied down pretty solid (hopefully) for the nite, there is a Scottish breeze blowing.
Heading South tomorrow…

Last Edited by Dan at 18 Aug 16:23
Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

Beautiful!

Drop into EGKA on your way back. I can provide food in the pleasantly decrepit old town

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thanks Peter!
But I don’t think it’s gonna happen this time… gotta be back home latest Monday morning to pack my things up to go flying. Ok, RC gliders in the southern Alps this time
Nevertheless, I know of at least 2 other EuroGAer who will hopefully pop in at Pop-Ham

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland
52 Posts
Sign in to add your message