Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Why is General Aviation declining?

Flyer59 wrote:

I know some people, like in the Czech Republic, who fly old aircraft not worth much but who are among the best fliers i know.

Photos would be great if the topic seems of interest… for instance of any unusual planes and places

I have some of the Czech airfield where i go for work, next to our company, and some of my aerobatic training in 1998, if that interests you at all.

Don’t post stuff just because some guy on the other side of the world would enjoy it, but if others might appreciate it, bring it on Somewhere I have a photo of a barn in central Italy I stumbled across in 2006… the runway was almost indistinguishable and the barn was locked but I could see the planes inside. One guy was working on his homebuilt and let me take a look around. Fun stuff.

For example and hopefully somewhat on topic, here’s me going flying in Sabaudia Italy. All of the planes pictured are Italian made GA aircraft that fly regularly!…

Last Edited by Silvaire at 18 Nov 17:22

Bathman wrote:

The reason there is a decline is there is no profit in it.

I think it is the opposite. Too many are trying to make money out of GA, with too few willing to pay. It’s like a monopoly choking itself to death with high prices simply because it can.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Screw this downer thread!

I just got my multi sea rating in this old hunk of metal from 1948 (converted to a twin in 1986) & it kicked friggin’ ass!!!

Silvaire your Italian airfield reminds me of La Celsetta near Rome (Campagnano), great bunch of people quietly restoring some WW1 classics.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Hodja that’s the spirit, congratulations! Hopefully you post on the TwinBee soon.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

RobertL18C wrote:

Silvaire your Italian airfield reminds me of La Celsetta near Rome (Campagnano), great bunch of people quietly restoring some WW1 classics

They are about 130 km apart Now you’ve given me somewhere new to go – that is my favorite part of the world to visit.

alioth wrote:

Put it this way: sailing boats have virtually zero utility

I disagree. The “utility” of it is unique. There simply is no other way to do it than sailing. The journey is the goal, not getting to a specific place.

It’s the same with gliders, only the goal is to be in the air instead of at sea.

It’s a delusion and a dead end road to think of private airplanes as a utility vehicle that also can be used for recreation. It’s first and foremost a recreational vehicle that sometimes can have a utility value.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

LeSving wrote:

It’s a delusion and a dead end road to think of private airplanes as a utility vehicle that also can be used for recreation. It’s first and foremost a recreational vehicle that sometimes can have a utility value.

Actually, both is very well possible, depending on what you look for in aviation. There is no such thing as “the one truth” in this matter.

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany
Sign in to add your message