Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

"Worldwide" Satellite Rain Radar and Airport data

@greg_mp: sorry, no plan for Android. :-(

EDLE, Netherlands

Hello Aeroplus,
I didn’t find it in Google play store. Do you have any plan for android?

LFMD, France

@TB_flyer: thanks for the feedback. The radar implementation still takes some time, but it will come! :-)

EDLE, Netherlands

Hi AeroPlus,

quick feedback: have been working with your weather app this weekend – Iridium Go was able to download weather without any problems during the flight.

Can you already estimate, when the Augmented and rain Radar data will be available?

Thx

Thanks again.

I am going to purchase the App.

The augmented radar was part of the Weather Underground offering and is not going to be available anymore. Rain Radar (doppler radar) coverage will be “limited” to North America (the US, the lower parts of Canada, Mexico and parts of Middle America), parts of South America, Europe, parts of the Middle East, Large parts of India, Australia, China etc. Africa coverage will be gone for the augmented radar coverage. There is no timeframe yet, but expect the new rain radar integration to be available before the end of June.

EDLE, Netherlands

Thanks a lot for these useful information.

Since I plan to use your App in Africa – is the augmented radar also unaivailabe and, if so, are you already able to foresee, when the necessary adjustments will have been made?

@TB_flyer: no additional costs when using the App but always verify with your Iridium Data Provider. Be aware: while “unlimited data” is one of the great features of GO!, not all data plans are created equal. The weather app is an official 3rd party app.

The unlimited GO! internet data plan is particularly useful for sailors downloading large files such as GRIB files which files are then used by mainly the PredictWind app which they sell together with an unlimited GO! data plan, so to give you an example of a 3rd party app that is using a lot of data and falls within the unlimited GO! data plan.

What you do need is a good external Iridium antenna roof antenna on your aircraft to make the Iridium GO! work well and to be aware that the above mentioned WeatherUnderground data is not anymore available and being replaced by another data source. The METAR, TAF and GFS data such as freezing levels, winds aloft, etc. are available.

Last Edited by AeroPlus at 04 May 07:48
EDLE, Netherlands

is there any possibility to get support for the above/below (again) mentioned question from the developer of the app?
Unfortunately, the personal contact attempts were also unsuccessful.

If necessary, can a user of the app from the forum help who uses it in combination with an Iridium Unlimited Data Plan?

Thank you very much!

Q: does Iridium charge additional costs when using your App within the unlimited data plan?

Last Edited by TB_flyer at 04 May 05:59

Thanks.
But my question is the other way round:
does Iridium charge additional costs when using your App within the unlimited data plan?

I read that unlimited data is only valid for Iridium native apps and therefore i ask myself, if your App is covered by this?

44 Posts
Sign in to add your message