Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

6-9 May 2016 EuroGA fly-in to Carcassonne LFMK

Looks like a good destination. You never know, I might be tempted.

Forever learning
EGTB

aart wrote:

Of course Jason is going to stay overnight. Surely he’d cooperate by thus providing 4 beds for a night :)

You are welcome to sleep under my wing….

EGTK Oxford

Excellent – a destination we can reach in the mighty Sting! We will certainly try and make it.

EGBP, United Kingdom

I was there last summer – definitely place to visit. I’m in.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

We are alternately based at Goodwood or Jerez so this flyin is in the diary.

EGHR,LF6252, France

Jan_Olieslagers wrote:

If you prefer sophisticated wines and are prepared to pay accordingly you better go for the Bordeaux area OR search very well in other regions. If (like myself) you prefer simple country wines, the South of France will offer a better price/quality ratio – but you will find better yet outside France, for example in Italy, or Spain, or …. Hungary…

Better than French wines....Impossible!

It has been a few days since you uttered that post and I am truly surprised you have not been taken up on it.

If you go to Hungary and want to try a very good Red I would suggest Liszkay. All their wines are so good, you would think they doctor it via the miracles of modern chemistry.

KHTO, LHTL

I did say (or mean to say) a better price/quality ratio ;) That said, give me a Barolo over any chateau in the Gironde area! In its own class, the Tokay is just as hard to beat. But of course, perhaps even more on this subject than in aviation: to each their own.
Carefully noting down your Liszkay suggestion, I hope to tour round there September or October 2016.

Last Edited by at 28 Nov 13:42
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Looking at things to do. I found this Vineyard that offers wine tasting food and overnight accommodations and is highly rated on trip advisor O’Vineyards.

Chateau Comtal as a tour.

Vin en Vacances – Day Tours Excellent reviews

Sun Tour Is a tour plus transport. I got the impression he can be hired for the day to be shown the sights or taken to various places either by either your or his suggestion.

Anyone else with where to stay?

KHTO, LHTL

Jan_Olieslagers wrote:

Carefully noting down your Liszkay suggestion, I hope to tour round there September or October 2016.

The place is definitely hard to find but it is a gem. Not the cheapest in Hungary. The owner Michael is Hungarian and lived I think in Belgium before he moved back and renovated the vinery. and buildings. The chef is excellent, the wine wonderful, the spa with indoor and pools are refreshing. Also unlike all places in Hungary you dont have to wear suits in the sauna. Unless Americans or Brits show up. Theyre cousins you know.

Let me know when you are in town and I can show you around or at least point you in the right direction.

KHTO, LHTL

Yes Ryan air fly in each day. You usually fly either in or out very low over the old town getting a fantastic view. They go from Stansted though.
Easyjet or British Airways fly to Toulouse from gatwick which is just under an hours drive. (Numerous flights a day)
Paul

Sign in to add your message