Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

6-9 May 2016 EuroGA fly-in to Carcassonne LFMK

Great choice!
Carcassonne is full of history. The lower city was burnt by the English lead by the Black Prince, Edward of Woodstock, in October 1355, as many cities around this part of France, when our traditional enemies held Guienne and Biscaye and we fought during 300 years (approx. 1150-1450) to “expel the English out of France”.

It’s also at the center of the Cassoulet region, a famous and excellend dish, invented in the nearby city of Castelnaudary during the second 100-year war agaist the English.
Wikipedia says: Cassoulet is a a rich, slow-cooked casserole originating in the south of France, containing meat (typically pork sausages, goose, duck and sometimes mutton), pork skin (couennes) and white beans (haricots blancs). (…) The Hungarian-Jewish sólet and Eastern European cholent are similar bean dishes, and are also frequently cooked in combination with smoked poultry, especially goose leg, but a documented relationship has not so far been identified.

Last Edited by Nestor at 29 Nov 20:03
LFLY, France

Not fair to NOT mention the cassoulet’s prime merit: it induces wind , as even the youngest and tenderest know!

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Jan,
I think you are going to be the perfect guide of the group when it comes to wine and food. Now, just get your act together and fly in.
I have seen so many UL’s from Northern Europe here in Mallorca, time for you to get ready and cross France north to south. Just take the appropriate number of days off to give you a bit of margin. Weather in May should not be too bad. If you prefer a smaller field near C, go there. Oh, BTW, this is not a plea, it’s an order

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Nice destination. I will be in.

Jean
EBST, Belgium

it’s an order

Dear Lady, Esteemed Sir,

AADEELCOO Inc. note with great pleasure your intention to place a firm order, related to your project “6-9-may-2016-euroga-fly-in-to-carcassonne-lfmk”. May we kindly invite you to get in closer touch, to discuss certain practical matters. More specifically, our commercial department is inquiring about your requirements for our team – such as number of persons, qualifications, and duration of stay. May we remind you that, according to our general terms and conditions, all local expenses for our staff will be at your charge. However, our superior management have confirmed that, given our long and highly successful trading history, reviewing the usual surcharges for services outside business hours can be a matter of discussion.

We look forward to learning from you soon, so as to proceed to a signed deal in due time.

Very kindly yours,
AADEELCOO Inc.,
Jan Olieslagers
Senior Field Engineer
Dipl.Ing (FH), MCSE, CCNP, MBA

Last Edited by at 05 Dec 17:24
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

RobertL18C wrote:

alioth keep me posted, it would be great for the L18C to have the company of a proper mil-spec liaison/artillery spotter aircraft

It looks temptingly close to the Pyrenees, with dozens of interesting Cub/Auster/Maule/ULM airstrips. Keep me posted too, please.

Peter

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

I have been trying to contact the airport re Customs/immigration PNR times, but their main number has just an answering machine, they are not (yet) replying to email, a fax has been sent and acked but also no reply (yet). I asked them to confirm hard surface parking and avgas, etc.

The above numbers are as per the AIP too but the CUST number is duff

I wonder if a French speaker can give them a call?

Note this notam about no fuel on weekdays:

It’s rather arrogant to demand the AIR BP card – presumably it is for a self service pump. I do have one but it’s not much help unless you can find someone to translate the French instructions on the pump I hope this is not a repeat of Calvi, Corsica, 2014, when everybody had to fill up elsewhere. Still, with Ryanair going in there, I guess they couldn’t care less about visitors. Why would the pump be unavailable on weekdays? Let’s hope this is temporary.

As a reminder about the fly-in, there is a mailing going out right now which (to avoid getting marked as spam) will take 28hrs to send out. It is going only to people who have logged in within the past 12 months so if you don’t get yours but should, check your spam filters whitelist *@euroga.org

Remember that if the 6-9 May date is a total wash-out, the backup date is two weeks later.

Dublinpilot has done a really nice brochure for this trip. This is extra kind of him since he won’t be there (he’s getting married a week later). It’s a great scenic location for a meet-up and I am sure everyone will enjoy themselves.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The Fuel is unmanned at Weekends/Public holidays, which are the only times visiting aircraft can refuel, hence the AirBP card, its a bit of a pain but you just need to manage your timing. The pump is on the training apron at the other end of the airport from the GA parking.

I might come down for this, but I do go there rather regularly in the Summer as we have a house about 30kms to the South of Carca.

Last Edited by PhilTheFlyer at 01 Feb 19:26
Flying a Commander 114B
Sleap EGCV Hawarden EGNR

The Fuel is unmanned at Weekends/Public holidays, which are the only times visiting aircraft can refuel,

What would be the rationale behind that?

It means anyone arriving say Friday will have to get back to the airport on Saturday or Sunday and taxi to the pump.

Could a French speaker contact the airport and ask if fuelling can be arranged for non AIR BP card holders, and on Friday?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

AADEELCOO Inc. note with great pleasure your intention to place a firm order, related to your project “6-9-may-2016-euroga-fly-in-to-carcassonne-lfmk”. May we kindly invite you to get in closer touch, to discuss certain practical matters. More specifically, our commercial department is inquiring about your requirements for our team – such as number of persons, qualifications, and duration of stay. May we remind you that, according to our general terms and conditions, all local expenses for our staff will be at your charge. However, our superior management have confirmed that, given our long and highly successful trading history, reviewing the usual surcharges for services outside business hours can be a matter of discussion.
We look forward to learning from you soon, so as to proceed to a signed deal in due time.
Very kindly yours,
AADEELCOO Inc.,
Jan Olieslagers
Senior Field Engineer
Dipl.Ing (FH), MCSE, CCNP, MBA

Jan!
I missed this post. Good to read that you are joining. But we will count you as a participant from Holland, because they on average are the ones that are more tight with money.. Or are there some genes from the North that found their way into your family by chance?
What the heck does MBA mean? Mastered Beautiful Aircraft?
See you there.

Aart
PS. No, I’m not going to make a posting about ‘100LL not available mon-fri’ in the recent polemical Diesel thread.

Last Edited by aart at 01 Feb 19:47
Private field, Mallorca, Spain
Sign in to add your message