Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Advice on the process of buying an airplane!!

lenthamen wrote:

a different strategy for obtaining a nice DA42 would be to buy one with end-of-life engines and install CD155 engines right after you buy it.
That way you start with new engines and no unknown history. New CD155 engines have a TBR of 2100hrs and are lighter than the Austro. Cheaper to convert to as well.
Performance will be comparable

I have found a DA42 with CD155 engines here: Diamond DA-42 TDI S AT Aviation
Asking price is: £320,000

Anyone know if I can skip paying the VAT if I purchase an Aircraft through my company?
I do business with many european companies and as long as our VAT and the other company VAT is on the invoice we don’t need to include that.
Is it the same with airplane?

thanks

Last Edited by ABCD at 15 Jan 09:58
ESGT/ESGP, Sweden

As to the aircraft: Find out what the reg is and then find out history. CD155 equipped, and 0 hours is a bonus clearly, but be careful. The CD155 engine TBR hours have been only been increased for engines produced after a certain date, so be sure to get that issue cleared up.

As to VAT, several threads on EuroGA. I’m no expert, but I would say that in most countries you probably only get away with putting an aircraft in a company and save VAT on the purchase if you can demonstrate that the company makes a business of owning that aircraft, including billing you (incl VAT) for any private flying you do. Maybe it works also if you can demonstrate that you use it almost exclusively as a business tool for the company. Again, plenty of people who know more about this than me on this forum.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

I answered an AFORS advert, which turned out to be a scam. AFORS quickly removed it. Although I had contact details, Police Scotland would only take them if I had lost money, and said they did not investigate internet fraud.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

The UK police are not interested in fraud unless it is something huge or involving old ladies. I had £1500 nicked from my business bank account using a fake driving license (the bank refunded it) and then somebody came back for 6000 but ran off. The police didn’t even want to see the security camera footage!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Sadly, the level of fraud is of such epidemic proportions that there is a minimum threshold value which must be crossed before the police will take any action. You have already discovered that this threshold is not insignificant. The banks simply treat it as a cost of doing business.

EGTT, The London FIR

@ABCD: FYI if you intend to register it in Sweden, the Transportstyrelsen has a number of checklists describing the process depending on where the plane comes from

ESMK, Sweden

@ABCD

This aircraft list Garmin GRS 77 VOR, which is not correct as GRS 77. You possibly would be interested to know (and verify) if it has GIA-63 or GIA-63W units.

The non W units are non WAAS, and prevents you to fly LPV / LNAV/VNAV approaches. As these will become more common, the lack of these might limit your operation.

JP-Avionics
EHMZ

@Arne: do you have a link to the checklist (couldnt find anything on transportstyrelsens website).

ESGT/ESGP, Sweden

Presumably anybody buying a G1000 plane needs to make sure absolutely every bit of functionality he is ever likely to wants before his natural death is already in there and working

Not many people know that.

Lack of LPV may not matter to some (I don’t have it and it’s never been an issue) but it will matter to some, and it will matter more and more.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Presumably anybody buying a G1000 plane needs to make sure absolutely every bit of functionality he is ever likely to wants before his natural death is already in there and working

Not many people know that.

Lack of LPV may not matter to some (I don’t have it and it’s never been an issue) but it will matter to some, and it will matter more and more.

Not really. They key things are autopilot ie does it have GFC700, WAAS and ADS-B out if you will need this (ie can you get 33 or 330 ES transponders ).

Last Edited by JasonC at 16 Jan 22:12
EGTK Oxford
Sign in to add your message