Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cheap airplanes to buy, own and fly thread

Thanks Mooney, the Portugal one has 6k hours and is for sale since 2 years. Makes you wonder..

always learning
LO__, Austria

Silvaire wrote:

It’s a bit mind boggling that the Rallyes of all flavors have settled into such unbelievably low resale value, and I could see a carefully selected example meeting @Snoopy’s needs.

I need it for fun flying to grass fields so I don’t have to pay 140€/hour for a 150.

Trying to buy a Diesel DA40 as well for business needs.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

I need it for fun flying to grass fields so I don’t have to pay 140€/hour for a 150

That’s what I understood – and what I had in mind in my response.

I bought a $22K airplane for basically that kind of service, flew it for 17 years and sold it for about the same amount.

You’re spot on! Unfortunately that nice Bo was already sold :(

always learning
LO__, Austria

Has anyone looked at this 172C ? planecheck_SE_EAC_50255_pdf

It seems to have seldom flown so engine could have corrosion. But otherwise could be of good value if willing to work on it.

Do you think the airframe has a chance of being in good shape ? I have no idea how nordic climate affects airframes.

LFOU, France

Has it been hangared? Has it been kept near an exposed sea coast?
Was it corrosion proofed when built, or later, or never.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Well it is from 1962, so probably from Kansas and not protected at the factory.

LFOU, France

The fast back swept tail Cessnas are supposedly the fastest ones They certainly look better than current production. Total time is high but I’m guessing it’s a pretty good deal. C172 values are going up fast so it’s hard to keep track of value.

The description of paint being completely burned off the cabin roof as “two small areas of color release” is creative. It’s a plane for an owner who will get involved and make it nice, or an owner who will fly it, do only what he needs to and then eventually pass it to another who will get involved.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 07 Jan 03:31

The fast back swept tail Cessnas are supposedly the fastest ones

@Silvaire I suspect this only applies to the 182C with a 185 fuselage and tail plane jack screw trim :)

The 172C smart as it is is still only a 110KTAS version. I think the M had a big aerodynamic clean up which got it to 120KTAS (pre 180 HP versions)

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

That makes sense, especially since the very smooth O-300 in the early C172s is not so powerful

Last Edited by Silvaire at 07 Jan 14:27
Sign in to add your message