Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Looking for a TB20

Peter I think I basically need something like this without all fancy avionics..

https://www.planecheck.com?ent=da&id=57669
planecheck_N219RT_57669_pdf

Obviously price unrealistic but probably because the avionics on there are at least 50gbp++

Last Edited by Rami1988 at 06 Jan 08:43
EGKA, United Kingdom

I don’t necessarily disagree regarding the twin but I need the rating for that and that takes time (minimum 40 or 50 p1 time). Good luck getting 50h p1 time renting in the UK:) I currently have around 20. And I also feel a twin is too much of a step up from a pa28. The tb20 is just the right amount of complexity. Then in 2-3 years I can always re assess. Maybe switch or add to the fleet!! I’m a big fan of organic growth – don’t think its safe or realistic to make big jumps. Aviation is actually a very complex field full of safety hazards, money pits, crooks, etc… need to build up my defences first!

EGKA, United Kingdom

That TB20 looks ok. A funny place to put that “backup AI” G5 since it isn’t visible to the pilot during flight.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Engine is also relatively new with low hours. Assuming it’s in good condition, what do you think it’s actually worth?

EGKA, United Kingdom

F-GSZS and F-GRBZ tick the boxes. If you’re really interested, contact the owners and start negotiating.

Besides these two, late G1 F-HRLS is worth of looking but I’d be very cautious about the engine and crankshaft related issue for a range of serial numbers from that era.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Funny thing is that i had contacted the owner of F-GSZS last month and i asked why he is selling. He said the owner has no more personal use for the aircraft. However, a quick google turned this out… https://aeroclubdubearn.fr/index.php/flotte-de-laeroclub/f-gszs/ its a rental :) ill give him the benefit of the doubt that maybe its a language thing but its definitely not a personal aircraft! GRBZ looks good and it was on my shortlist, and the owner seems like a lovely chap and legit. However, the F reg is just a pain. Have to convert it and then repaint. Or convert my license.. just painful.

Last Edited by Rami1988 at 06 Jan 09:36
EGKA, United Kingdom

These days high end aircraft like TB20’s get little use within clubs.
Sometimes also a private owner will allow a club or members of it to use their aircraft.
Is it difficult to buy an F reg minus VAT, take it to the UK and pay UK VAT and put it on the G register? And would it be possible to get a ferry permit to fly the aircraft from France to UK? Genuine questions as I have never done either.

France

gallois wrote:

Is it difficult to buy an F reg minus VAT, take it to the UK and pay UK VAT and put it on the G register?

If company (and I guess club) owned then it’s not a problem. If privately owned then it’s impossible to deduct VAT on export.

gallois wrote:

And would it be possible to get a ferry permit to fly the aircraft from France to UK?

I don’t think anything special is required – you can simply fly the aircraft to UK and then start the procedure once you land (customs, deregister, register). However, moving from one registry to another is always tricky.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir – do you mean that if an EU company bought an aircraft, paid vat on it, then exported it to the UK, they can claim the EU VAT back?

Last Edited by Rami1988 at 06 Jan 11:00
EGKA, United Kingdom

No; to sell an item without adding VAT you have to be a VAT registered body, so a French company might be able to export it with zero VAT added but a private owner cannot (he, or somebody upstream, paid the VAT and lost the money for ever).

See the aircraft VAT thread. Essentially there are two aircraft markets: VAT unpaid, and VAT paid. They are of relevance to corporate owners, and private owners, respectively, and the difference is about 20%.

That N-reg states “€ 267,000 excl 19% EU VAT” so if the seller is VAT registered he can export it for €267k. In fact he must be to quote the price like that. But you have to pay UK import VAT which, if you are a VAT registered body, you can claim back from HMRC, subject to various things like a business plan.

You cannot fly an F-reg on UK papers (unless the DGAC can do a temporary validation – historically this was common) so you probably want the seller to fly it to the UK.

I think N219RT is trying to recover all money spent on upgrades, perhaps 100k, which won’t happen It has aircon.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message