Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cirrus Jet (combined thread)

Achima also said they were computer generated….I can’t tell as they look real to me. How can you be sure?

What do you mean by vapourware…..Wiki states that it is a product usually software that never reaches production? Is that what you mean?

I am not ADVERTISING the cirrus jet. It is a new and unique product and this thread is called “Cirrus Jet”. I am not forcing people to read this thread but I am sure that everyone who comes into this thread expects to read about the “Cirrus Jet”

I have provided a lot of technical info in these posts today and have gotten some great questions and feedback so all is good.

PS: You started the thread (:

EGKB Biggin Hill London

Sorry, but why in the world should it be a problem to post these pictures?I find them interesting, animated or not. They are not offensive, they are clearly about the subject of the thread … so?

Also the SF50 is clearly not vapourware but in the final stages of certification.

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 18 Nov 17:13

Why have CGI images in the marketing material if it is “in the final stages of certification”?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Because it’s not completely ready and they don’t want to release yet?
But what is the problem with the animated pictures?

We have Cirrus_Man peddling 5 Cirrus Jet options

You don’t think this thread has taken on an almost totally commercial tone?

I am quite tempted to just lock or delete the whole thread.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Cirrus_Man wrote:

Achima also said they were computer generated….I can’t tell as they look real to me. How can you be sure?

I begin to understand your fascination with good rendered, physics-defying, supersonic, VTOL, energy, harvesting, private aircraft. How can you not see that those pictures are computer generated?

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

Cirrus_Man wrote:

From what I understand, since the jet has the radar in the nose cone (not under the wing like some turbo props) they needed to add de-icing to eliminate ice interfering with the radar signal.

As I said earlier, that can’t be the reason as light jets don’t do this. Even the underwing pods get iced up on the front. I have had an inch of ice on the Meridian.

Re the windshield, the Vision has a 180 degree wrap-around windshield which is made from stretched acrylic which would warp if electrically heated so that is why they have gone for TKS with 13 flush mounted holes/nozzles ensuring full windshield coverage.

Given this is a high altitude jet where you will usually not see much, I expect Cirrus will need to upgrade their sun shades pretty quickly. Will be hot up there.

EGTK Oxford

harvesting??? do you mean energy harvesting like in the Pipistrel electric that recharges the battery in descent?

And yes I am fascinated by all those other items because they are the future of aviation!!

EGKB Biggin Hill London

@Peter

I am not peddling 5 Cirrus jet positions. Thanks Flyer59

EGKB Biggin Hill London

@Jason

I think that due to the much larger size of the nose cone, it will probably accumulate more or thicker ice which could interfere with the radar system. This info came direct from Cirrus technical as I emailed them to find an answer for you.

As for the sunshine coming into the cockpit from the huge wrap around windshield and huge windows….bring it on baby…I will happily don the Ray Bans (dont work for them Peter) and enjoy the sunshine. Oh and the AC will take care of any heat build-up although I am so hot for this jet that it might not be able to cool me down!!

EGKB Biggin Hill London
Sign in to add your message