Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cirrus Jet (combined thread)

The other thing I thought interesting in the picture of the masks is their proximity to the CAPS handle.

EGTK Oxford

I would be concerned about the all Garmin flightdeck. I would want 3rd party backup instrumentation, one of those little all-in-one EFIS you find in a lot of installations today. This Garmin stuff is all interconnected and there are certainly ways were all of it can fail simultaneously (don’t tell me it can’t, I know too much about hardware/software).

RobertL18C wrote:

The fluid limits time in icing, but it’s there to get out of the icing, not loiter in an icing level.

What I don’t like about TKS is that it’s another thing I have to refill. And a full system, like on a DA42, goes through a lot of the stuff. Since I tend to hop from one place to another without returning to base, I don’t like consumables. And it’s not like you can get it readily at reasonable prices (I really don’t like supporting gouging). I don’t like oxygen for the same reason.

I would be concerned about the all Garmin flightdeck. I would want 3rd party backup instrumentation

Interestingly the Citation M2 which has the G3000 has a glass backup instrument.

EGTK Oxford

Yes the M2 has separate glass backup but that might be because Garmin just enabled the touch controller with this backup capability. It will be interesting to see if they make the switch. I tend to agree with Achimha about failures and like the idea of a completely independent system. I will inquire with Cirrus if this will be an option as I would prefer it.
they introduced a small EFIS on the 2015 SR 22 so I am sure they could offer this and there should be enough room.

EGKB Biggin Hill London

From what I understand, since the jet has the radar in the nose cone (not under the wing like some turbo props) they needed to add de-icing to eliminate ice interfering with the radar signal.

Re the windshield, the Vision has a 180 degree wrap-around windshield which is made from stretched acrylic which would warp if electrically heated so that is why they have gone for TKS with 13 flush mounted holes/nozzles ensuring full windshield coverage.

I have sat in the aircraft and I can tell you that the wrap around windshield is unlike anything else I have sat in. You are surrounded by all glass except for a thin strip in the middle, I guess kind of like the Pipistrel Panthera.

EGKB Biggin Hill London

Quoting large amounts of text from a commercial/marketing website

Recently there has been a lot of this, especially involving heavy copy/paste from the Cirrus Jet marketing material.

Please, can people refrain from doing this?

It isn’t “really completely totally” against our Guidelines if the poster contributes to EuroGA generally, but it devalues the posting in question because anybody with an IQ of > 10 will right away regard that post as advertising.

Sometimes it is appropriate and relevant to quote text from a marketing website (or from a regulatory website, etc) and then the correct way is to put it in italics so it is obvious to all it has been copied/pasted from somewhere.

There is more than one way to do italics (see Posting Tips) but when I do this I use

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Hi Peter,

That would be me. I am reading you 5 by 5 but in my defence, I am not that tech savvy about how to put things in italics etc.

I only copied and pasted info that I thought would be on topic or could be used to answer a question someone had or that was interesting. (I did have a post saying thanks for all the detailed info)

I will try to make it more obvious in the future.

Pretty cool stuff though isn’t it? (:

EGKB Biggin Hill London

And I was going to write:

Cirrus_Man wrote:

This success means moving forward toward certification for operations in icing conditions of your Vision Jet, another significant milestone achieved.

But I don’t even own a Vision Jet!

I’ve been out all day and have just noticed that the cockpit photos posted here are obviously totally computer generated.

Can this Cirrus Jet advertising now END please?

When there is new information published, feel free to discuss it, but I don’t want to see any more bulk copy/paste of marketing material. Especially as this product is clearly vapourware.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message