Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cirrus Jet (combined thread)

Peter wrote:

There aren’t any civilian certified SEPs that do 200kt in non-oxygen (actually non-mask) altitudes. These speeds are just a salesman trick.

There are several.

The Mooney Acclaim will do 200 kts @ FL100 with about 21.5 GPH and 220 kts @ FL170 with the same fuel flow. At FL250 it can do up to 240 kts.

No marketing trick, real numbers.

Even the Ovation, which is not turbocharged, will reach about 195 kts @ 8000 ft and 19 GPH. Ok, that is not 200 kts.

I am quite sure the Columbia 400/Corvalis 400 will reach 200 kts in breathable air too.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Cirrus_Man wrote:

Flat out is 300 ktas and it should be about 800nm (includes IFR Alternate reserves)

How far is the alternate? Flyer wrote 500 nm, is the difference due to different payload? Seems way too much.

I would actually like it if this succeeded as a TBM competitor. Because there is no way I would pay today’s list price for a TBM900. It seems way too inflated for me.

It also means depreciation is less in total dollars for the jet( assuming same rate on both aircraft)

That is a huge assumption since SETs have a history of keeping value better than jets. But that was already said, several times.

Last Edited by Martin at 17 Nov 23:28

Even the Ovation, which is not turbocharged, will reach about 195 kts @ 8000 ft and 19 GPH. Ok, that is not 200 kts

Well, my point is made, even if there are examples which will just about marginally do it. BTW I would not fly at FL100 without O2 for very long; would get very tired.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

sorry here are a few more pics. Let me know if these work

One really cool feature is that since the MFD and PFD are so huge, you can split them.

As an example, he shows the PFD split 75% into normal PFD and 25% is used to pull up the Jepps Plate so you have everything in front of you and dont need to touch the MAP page on the MFD. Very nice

THE ABOVE IMAGES ARE COMPUTER GENERATED

EGKB Biggin Hill London

Why do they publish computer animations for an airplane that is almost ready for shipment? Every half talented designer can create such images in a few hours.

Where is the backup instrumentation?

I also thought this info on the De-Icing systems was pretty interesting.

The Vision Jet has successfully completed testing for its three ice protection systems: Wing and Stabilizer, Engine Inlet, and Windshield–as well as critical ice shape and natural icing flight testing. A couple of weeks ago we shared information about the Engine Inlet testing done at the McKinley Climatic Lab at the Eglin Air Force Base in Florida. Let’s talk more now about the Wing and Stabilizer assessment.

Testing for ice on the wings and stabilizer focused on the jet’s de-icing boots. These silver urethane pneumatic boots use bleed air from the engine to inflate tubes that remove ice from the leading edge of the aircraft. The system is activated at the first indication of icing, and will run continuously as needed without further input from the pilot. A full de-icing cycle is completed in 60 seconds: 6 seconds to inflate each section (tail, lower wing, upper wing = 18 seconds total), followed by 42 seconds of ‘dwell’ time where vacuum is applied to hold the boots down tight.

The last system is the windshield Ice Protection System (IPS). The windshield IPS delivers a freezing point depressant fluid (commonly names TKS, same as the SR22) that provides ice protection to the nose and windshield. This coverage to the nose is accomplished by the use of an umbrella nozzle that releases fluid 180° to the upper portion of the nose and streams back towards the windshield. The windshield also has its own 13” spray bar that is flush mounted to the aircraft. The nose and windshield will share a 3.0-gallon reservoir as well as the same “ON” switch located on the bolster panel.

EGKB Biggin Hill London

Jet comes standard with dual ADAHARS so you have redundancy for main instruments with that.

PFD and MFD have “red Failover button” just like current Perspective SR22 avionics so if you lose a screen, you just push that button and the PFD output switches to MFD screen so that covers a problem with your screens.

Finally if both main screens or both ADAHARS fail, the GTC touch controller reverts to a mini PFD (there are three but only the one in front of the P1 seat will have this added capability) As an addtional option you can choose a third ADAHARS as well but I think that is a bit over the top although with prices of these things plummeting every quarter, maybe it will be a very small amount.

This is how Garmin describes it:

Smooth on the Move
Responsive, icon-identified “touchkeys” on the GTC controller make functions easy to locate and access with fewer hand/eye movements in the cockpit. In addition to full NAV/COMM radio management and simplified page navigation on the MFD, you can also use the 5.7-inch high-resolution GTC screen to control your remote audio/intercom system, as well as transponder codes and idents, electronic checklist entries, flight plan entry and editing, plus optional synoptic data and other selected mapping, traffic, weather, entertainment, and custom display options*. What’s more, handy “Back” and “Home” keys on the display let you quickly retrace steps or return to the desktop from any page — so you’ll never get lost in the software or need to memorize lengthy user sequences. The GTC controller can even double as a standby flight display in some configurations. Simplicity just comes naturally with G3000’s touchscreen design.

Of course, if you’re a die-hard knob-twister, you’ll be pleased to note that the GTC retains a single set of mechanical concentric knobs, along with a volume control knob and dedicated map joystick. At your option, the dual knobs can be used in lieu of the touchscreen to enter frequencies for selected radios or to toggle between Comm 1 and 2. The current function of these knobs is always clearly identified in the touchscreen window above them. So, there’s absolutely no confusion as to which knob is doing what.

If you want to see the full G 3000 flight deck info, then here is the link:

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/prod66916.html

And no, I dont work for Garmin.

EGKB Biggin Hill London

TKS deicing on the windshield?? Why?

EGTK Oxford

Probably not enough bleed air.

Jason, what is the system on the Mustang for the windshield? bleed air or electrical heating?

EGKB Biggin Hill London
Sign in to add your message