Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

To invest in property, or aircraft? TB21 for 240k euros, and other overpriced aircraft.

We had this plane in discussion last year
And someone claimed it was not/kind of for sale.

And this is what i found

Romanian company owns it.

EDM_, Germany

Used to be registered to a person called Lewis, when it made a flight from Indonesia to Malaysia in 2017.

EDM_, Germany

Yes indeed; the other thread is here.

The aircraft would appear to have done almost no flying in the first part of its life (the first engine). That could be good, or not, depending on where it was stored etc.

It would certainly be an interesting specimen for someone to look at. A bit like this one.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Mindful of the collective pool of aircraft purchasing advise, and having via another thread determined prop TKS is a base requirement, I am planning to view and take a flight in the following TB20GT later today / tomorrow.

https://www.avbuyer.com/aircraft/single-piston/socata/tb-20-trinidad/353792

Any views / warning greatly appreciated! FYI the reason the engine was overhauled is because there was a plan to use the a/c for training which I am advised meant TBO was time initiated at 12 years but the training never progressed.

What I am trying to determine is what is required beyond an additional 8.33 KHz radio to meet IFR requirements. Does the transponder need to be ADS-B in addition to Mode S?

ETGR, United Kingdom

Steven_P wrote:

What I am trying to determine is what is required beyond an additional 8.33 KHz radio to meet IFR requirements. Does the transponder need to be ADS-B in addition to Mode S?
Except for very specific airspaces, mode S will suffice. The only exception I know about is the North Sea off the Dutch coast (below FL55, I believe).

If you’re talking about avionics requirements the minimum is one 8.33 kHz radio, a mode S transponder, navigation equipment sufficient for your intended flight and airspace requirements. You must have enough NAV equipment to safely conclude the flight (not necessarily according to plan) after the failure of any one piece of equipment. The TB20GT you’re looking at seems to have both a separate NAVCOM, an ADF and a DME beside the GNS530W so that should be enough for everything you need.

Do check that the installation of the GNS530W is approved for all relevant PBN specifications!

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 14 Nov 10:20
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I’ve just had the seller of YR-TBI email me that YR-TBI has been sold. Asking price €229k+VAT, selling price not disclosed Buyer in Russia so no VAT.

Interesting that there is GA in Russia, to the extent relevant to owning a TB20.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Interesting that there is GA in Russia, to the extent relevant to owning a TB20.

I’d say a cleptocracy like Russia is the perfect environment for GA (for a select few people, mind you!), there’s bound to be a few rich elites who can afford a plane as plaything, while the vast majority of the population have a low standard of living.

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

there’s bound to be a few rich elites who can afford a plane as plaything.

They usually go for jets and usually high-end ones.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

This came up in this thread about GA in Russia. I wonder if @flight_tv is still around?

Affordability is obviously fine if, ahem, you have the $$$, but integration of GA in the air defence system is another thing. Bizjets fly IFR and in the airline system.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

But a lot of planes are “for sale” and priced to not actually sell – by divorcing men, to make them look hard-up… you get a much better divorce deal if you appear to be heading for the gutter (been there, done that, got the T-shirt, many years ago – any good male lawyer will advise you accordingly ).

LOL
you really make me laugh !!!

AJ
Germany
Sign in to add your message