Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Avoiding high FRAPORT and HANDLING costs in Greece

No such thing as 3 decimal points on currency,

Sorry, incorrect… I’m currently in a very sandy country that does just that…

petakas wrote:

A charter with frequent visits is scheduled from Israel each June to September, so the Fuel personnel serve also GA with AVGAS at the said (NOTAM’ed) Period.

Anecdotally, that seems to be correct. Which is a fairly limited part of the year, particularly given that people like fly to Greece in spring and autumn, when it’s nice down there and cold up further north…

Anyway, AFAICS, the AIP does not reflect this and there is currently no NOTAM to say “no Avgas”…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Peter wrote:

4000 can (on the mainland) be written as 4,000 but not as 4.000. So e.g. €4,000.23 is 4000 euros and 23 cents. 4.000 is meaningless.

In Croatia (and other Balkan countries) we write it exactly the opposite – 4 thousand is 4.000, 4 million is 4.000.000 and decimals go beyond coma, like this 4.000,23

This is 4 million in MS Excel with Croatian settings:

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Airborne_Again wrote:

I any case the intended meaning of the figures in the LGKR NOTAM should be obvious.

Indeed.
I have friends who vacate to Corfu each Spring for a week or so.
They fly to and park at LGIO, take a taxi ride west to Igoumenitsa port (some ~100€) and ferry across with the Ferry boat.
Some also rent the car from Ioannnina and use that car for the back and forth journeys,

https://maps.app.goo.gl/daXMJVBtEWzsdNfy6

The cheapest and no hassle solution.

LGMG Megara, Greece

Peter wrote:

We have had reports from LGKR from 150 to 1000, though the latter was with a few days’ parking.

Indeed its roughly 100~150€ with the Handlers who take care of you.

Does LGIO always have avgas? I recall something about not after some date in October.

See www.aopa.gr/Info Paragraph 2.
Its a seasonal thing.
A charter with frequent visits is scheduled from Israel each June to September, so the Fuel personnel serve also GA with AVGAS at the said (NOTAM’ed) Period.

LGMG Megara, Greece

derek wrote:

from certain countries where it is common practice to use a period as a thousands separator.

It is more common than English-speaking people might think. Not even all countries where English is an official language use period as decimal separator. The gory details. I any case the intended meaning of the figures in the LGKR NOTAM should be obvious.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 21 Mar 11:43
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Peter wrote:

4.000 is meaningless.

Not to millions of people from certain countries where it is common practice to use a period as a thousands separator. Oracle considered it widespread enough to include it in their documentation here

Personally, I much prefer the Swiss system of using an apostrophe (’) to separate thousands, even though the international standard (ISO 80000-1) is apparently to use a thin space.

Derek
Stapleford (EGSG), Denham (EGLD)

You are right 4000,00€ and 2000,00€
The comma is used in place of the decimal point not to delineate 1000s. Or at least that is the case for France.

France

Is the above €2000.00 and €4000.00?

No such thing as 3 decimal points on currency, and 4000 can (on the mainland) be written as 4,000 but not as 4.000. So e.g. €4,000.23 is 4000 euros and 23 cents. 4.000 is meaningless.

Also the comma is not used in science/engineering.

Anyway, airliners won’t be paying 2k or 4k – much less.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

petakas wrote:

For Live-In/Ferry-Out & Ferry-In/Live-Out GA/BA flights the cost is EUR 2.000 per flight
For Live-In/Live-Out GA/BA flights the cost is EUR 4.000 per flight

Pure abuse of monopoly. It is a crying shame that this can’t be challenged in court.

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 21 Mar 08:50
LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
173 Posts
Sign in to add your message