Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Continental has a problem?

The AD has been revised a bit.

Interestingly the FAA thinks Conti will cover this under warranty. Lyco certainly didn’t do that with SB569 Well, not unless you credibly started legal action; then they made very good offers but under an NDA, and to my amazement none of them leaked out.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

On the topic, I guess there is still room to fly 200h in an affected aircraft in next two weeks?
Does that comply with Conti SB? (or next FAA AD )

CFI/CPL hour building opportunity!

Last Edited by Ibra at 16 Feb 08:40
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Xi is quoted as being concerned about US Government debt levels. Biden seems happy with them.
It seems not unreasonable when you own a large share of something to check on it, e.g. by balloons.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Yes, that’s why Xi would not let Putin nuke Europe.
OK, back to Conti..

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Read about Thielert/Continental carefully and you might find it interesting.

Moving off topic, Diamond Aircraft and half of Italy it seems are also Chinese owned – but mostly by quasi-private companies.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 15 Feb 18:32

Continental is owned by the Chinese government, not commercial shareholders.

Lot of US things are “financially owned” by Chinese government (north of 1T$ of debt and 1T$ of equity), the claim is that buying Continental, Mooney, Cirrus…has lot of benifits in terms of portfolio diversification and peace making of course, buying TikTok and Balloons is a different matter…

Last Edited by Ibra at 15 Feb 17:41
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

@arj1. Could be, but I want to look at the bright side. Look at Germany. The large industries compete on quality, not on price. And not just the large ones. I have always admired Germany for having a huge ecosystem of small-to-medium sized niche industrial companies who often have a low profile, but a worldwide reach. Often family-owned businesses, conservatively funded, extremely loyal personnel, high quality and high ethics. I would go as far as to say that that’s the backbone of German industry.

Last Edited by aart at 15 Feb 17:35

Continental is owned by the Chinese government, not commercial shareholders.

aart wrote:

I’m sure that in the end in many sectors of the industry, companies that preach stakeholders value rather than shareholders value will be the winners.

@aart, that is the problem – many shareholders don’t see that. They want to maximise the short-term profits and get out.

EGTR

We will just have to disagree. I am always ready to be cynical about human nature and there are plenty of reasons all around us for that, but there is absolutely no reason why there should be a disconnect between product quality, ethics, and making lots of money. The most successful industrial manufacturing enterprises, of all sizes, make products which work well.

Fully agree. To start with, good quality means loyal customers who are prepared to pay well. That usually brings in more money than selling extra spare parts based on planned obsolescence. And it is a joy to work with loyal and happy customers who appreciate quality and ethics, and you really want to have your people to have fun and feel valued by these customers. I’m sure that in the end in many sectors of the industry, companies that preach stakeholders value rather than shareholders value will be the winners.

49 Posts
Sign in to add your message