Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Coverage and data comparison SkyDemon / EasyVFR (ex. PocketFMS)

To be clear, data for Africa & Brazil are included in EasyVFR (and maps available from the optional basemap download section) but the data isn’t supported. This means that the data can’t be guaranteed as correct, as often there are no reliable sources for these regions.

So it’s there if you wish to use it, but do so at your own risk.

Data is supported for Europe, North America, Australia & New Zealand as reported by chflyer.

EIWT Weston, Ireland
South Africa is included in EVFR, a lot more countries were available in PocketFMS for Windows, but that is almost obsolete by now. But you can download all FIRs in Africa you need for PFMS, it is included with the EVFR subscription. Vic
vic
EDME

Stickandrudderman wrote:

and is indeed available worldwide.

Easy VFR doesn’t have worldwide coverage. It has Europe, North America, and “Oceania” which means New Zealand and Australia. There is no Africa or South America coverage, nor is anything else in Asia covered. So it won’t help with Kenya and Tanzania.

LSZK, Switzerland

Easy VFR does offer airspace warnings and is indeed available worldwide. I’m Dublinpilot will be along to clarify.

Forever learning
EGTB

From here

The two systems sound very similar.

Does EasyVFR offer attention-getting airspace warnings?

And, out of interest, what’s the worldwide coverage of EasyVFR? I’m just about to leave for Kenya and Tanzania, and it would be useful to have a backup program.

Last Edited by 2greens1red at 31 Jul 21:10
Swanborough Farm (UK), Shoreham EGKA, Soysambu (Kenya), Kenya

Shorrick_Mk2 wrote:

Mapping can be configured to UK CAA, French SIA, German DFS, US Sectional and Italian Avioportolano VFR.

But watch out that some feature of SD will be missing if you don’t select one of the two “SkyDemon” map styles.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I’m trying to help you avoid powerlines and have enough resources to complete your flying missions spending time relaxed looking out the window (as it should be) rather than at a map :-)

Mapping can be configured to UK CAA, French SIA, German DFS, US Sectional and Italian Avioportolano VFR.

Last Edited by Shorrick_Mk2 at 06 Aug 09:37

Shorrick_Mk2 wrote:

Power Lines depiction.

Are you on a mission here trying to make me feel like a complete tard He he. Reluctantly I have to admit that there is maybe an ever so slight possibility I have underestimated Sky Demon just a tiny bit.

Power lines: check
Small airfields: check
M517 map (or similar map for other countries, at least ICAO): not checked.

But OK, SD is perhaps better than it looks at first sight.

Last Edited by LeSving at 06 Aug 09:09
The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

yep, shorrick beat me to it. The altitude of the powerlines is even available.
next ?

ELLX (Luxembourg), Luxembourg

Power Lines depiction.

96 Posts
Sign in to add your message