Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Depository for off topic / political posts (NO brexit related posts please)

James_Chan wrote:

Regardless of anyone’s views of the current political climate, I think his appointment will be well received by the vast majority of GA in the UK.

I wrote in another thread and I’ll repeat it here: drinks for everybody on me on next EuroGA fly-in if he does anything for GA in the UK.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Graham wrote:

Don’t expect miracles from Shapps, but would you rather have a transport minister who is a GA pilot or one who knows nothing about GA and cares even less?

I can’t care less who’s minister of whatever in the UK but it’s so naive to expect anything useful of people around this ridiculous guy who sits now in #10 Downing Street.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

drinks for everybody on me on next EuroGA fly-in if he does anything for GA in the UK.

(my bold) Okay, I’ll remember you for that.

Last Edited by James_Chan at 25 Jul 17:29

Emir wrote:

I can’t care less who’s minister of whatever in the UK but it’s so naive to expect anything useful of people around this ridiculous guy who sits now in #10 Downing Street.

Everything, and I mean everything, within the UK is technically broken, not fit for purpose, and financially stuffed. The EU are well rid of us. I do not know how it came to this, but it did, and we need to climb back out. Perhaps BJ will do it but what is it we want him to do? I for one am confused? Ask anyone what they want and they answer in the negative. I don’t want this, I don’t want that, but few can actually state what it is they want, and importantly how do we achieve what they want? We currently lack any strategic vision that I can see, meanwhile the poor get poorer and the rich get richer. Possibly that is what we want?

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

BeechBaby wrote:

Everything, and I mean everything, within the UK is technically broken, not fit for purpose, and financially stuffed

[sarcasm-emoji]
I shall remember that when I drive home tonight from the wreckage-littered airport at Biggin Hill with its completely destroyed runways, through the swampland that formely was known as a road, past the ruins of south-east London to my home, which is close to collapse…. no wait, this isn’t Detroit…

BeechBaby wrote:

meanwhile the poor get poorer and the rich get richer

Given that I am relatively rich, I would quite like that…. except it isn’t true.

Last Edited by Cobalt at 25 Jul 19:23
Biggin Hill

Well, seeing what a bunch of transport ministers have achieved who were against or “neutral” towards GA, anyone who flies himself and maybe has been angered about certain things himself a few times might just try to set a few things right in the short tenure he can expect? I’d certainly do that (and I am sure there are people who would be totally convinced I was useless in my up to now life…) so let’s give the guy a chance.

Or maybe get someone who has access to him directly the link to the various threads here where we moan what is wrong…

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Grant Shapps flies an N-reg!

No comments on the 100k please. We don’t want the mass media to think that planes cost any more than that

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Shapps won’t do a single thing for GA – 110% of his time will be entirely consumed by Brexit. It’s wishful thinking to think he’ll help us in any way.

Andreas IOM

I don’t think he has the capacity to do stuff explicitly or come up with something but he should be able to react to particular issues brought to his attention. And he should be aware of the issues so he will most probably not favour new or revised legislation which is against GA if they pass his table…

And yes he will see such stuff. We had a minister of transport before who left no chance to work against ga when new laws crossed his table..

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Grant Shapps has a long history of being proactive on GA issues.

Of course one can speculate on what is going to keep him busy, but that is just … speculation. Most top level politicians cannot tell the front of a plane from the back and the nearest they get to a small plane is getting out of the limo and stepping into a bizjet.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message