Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Dresden EDDC 12/13 August 2017

Thanks. OK. So: Mode-S legally required in class D (non-CTR). (Germany does not use the term “TMA” for some reason).

Whether the ATCO will complain if you ask for entry and you only have Mode-C is a different matter.

But again, you will usually not “need” to go into that airspace if you want to land VFR at that airport.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 29 Jun 15:32
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I’m planning on going to Dresden arount the 10’th of July, Might be interested in a second trip in August as well

ESMS

Wow didn’t know this was enforced already in 2008.

“A friend of mine” has definitely been in Germany with Mode C above 5000 ft MSL during “his” PPL studies after 2008 =)

Anyway, as it seems now I will be able to have Mode S, so let’s hope for a great weather!

PS: Should we start deciding a date? They have booked now all our club airplanes during the first days of August so preferably between Friday the 4th and the Tuesday the 29th.

ESME, ESMS

Mode S is enforced above 5000ft in Germany. In 2013, I was flying from CZ to DE and got a request to go below 5000ft as mode S of my transponder was not recognised. Later, I understood that my COM antenna was interfering for certain frequencies with the transponder antenna.

Belgium

Any updates on date?

ESME, ESMS

What about 19 & 20 august ?

EBGB

19 & 20 august would not work for me.

ESMK, Sweden

Somebody else any suggestions for another date?
Maybe we could try 26 & 27 august.

EBGB

26-27/8 are no-go for me as well.

ESMK, Sweden

I’m on standby for the whole of August so if we can come it will be at short notice.

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message