Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Dresden EDDC 12/13 August 2017

Very nice city and helpful airport staff. This was my last long trip, it has been a while.

I certainly remember it, both because of the diversion on the way down and the dead battery on the way up.

Last Edited by Dimme at 24 Oct 07:58
ESME, ESMS

It’s really amazing city and friendly airport with great city connection. @Dimme remembers it very well

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Just revisited. Greetings to those who participated in 2017!!

Likely the last „trip“ for 2020…

Last Edited by boscomantico at 22 Oct 21:37
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Well, people say that about booking hotel rooms too, but all hotels put only limited # of rooms onto booking.com (etc) so you often find there are no rooms at all. I am not sure why hotels do this; probably because booking.com takes a heavy margin (15% min) and they don’t want to sell too many at such a cost. If I was doing car hire I would do the trick. What this means is that while walking in may indeed be the least smart, the optimal method is a phone call to the hotel/car hire.

Back to the t-shirts – anyone still after one, please drop me a line

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

That is true for almost all countries i have travelled to. NEVER walk in a car rental, always book online.

Aveling wrote:

One thing to avoid is car rental at the airport, 141 Euro for one day!

For renting a car at a German airport (and generally elsewhere) you should always pre-book online – if necessary by using your smartphone while you are standing in front of the counter. Walk-up-rates can be outrageously high.

Friedrichshafen EDNY

Aveling wrote:

PS how many aircraft made it?

From my count we had eight aircraft: AA5, BE36, DA42, C182, C177, C172, M20, TB9

Friedrichshafen EDNY

I am back home now…

It would be great if those who didn’t make it drop me a line and I can sort out their t-shirts by airmail. Unfortunately I have lost track of the names and nicknames I do know that those who didn’t make it were mostly XL and XXL.

It was a great meet-up. I think almost 20 people made it. The last two were around on Sunday evening. I don’t know how many aircraft; Justine and I came by airline.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Sorry not to have been there. Still, Munster / Osnabruk EDDG were very accomodating, huge airport where we were one of 6 traffic all day, very pleasant personnel and very affordable. One thing to avoid is car rental at the airport, 141 Euro for one day! Glad you all had a good time.

PS how many aircraft made it?

EGBW / KPRC, United Kingdom

Video of EDDC departure in EC120B helicopter:

LKHK, Czech Republic
86 Posts
Sign in to add your message