Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ESGP Säve - and having to cancel IFR at the DH

Easy…use only the largest taxi companies….I’m sure you get get help from locals on which they are. Some should be Sverigetaxi and TaxiKurir (maybe the same?). Otherwise….why don’t use Uber? At least TO Säve it should work.

ESOW, Sweden

AndersB wrote:

I’m sure you get get help from locals on which they are.

With a jet (as Jason), one will use – or be forced to use – some kind of handling service most of the time. Usually they have the right connections to arrange transportation at reasonable rates, sometimes they even do it themselves.

EDDS - Stuttgart

@JasonC, make sure that you do this flight before 12th od December if going to Säve. Looks there will heavy WIP after that, and it is not good. ATC will be leaving their duties on the 31st of December. Be sure to check NOTAM and this might be a good time to go there before it vanishes! :(

ESSZ, Sweden

Fly310 wrote:

@JasonC, make sure that you do this flight before 12th od December if going to Säve. Looks there will heavy WIP after that, and it is not good. ATC will be leaving their duties on the 31st of December. Be sure to check NOTAM and this might be a good time to go there before it vanishes! :(

I will be there Tuesday so hopefully still there.

EGTK Oxford

NOTAM says snow removal equipment now gone. Must make it almost unusable this winter then?

EGTK Oxford

I flew with a DA42 yesterday night into ESGG. Menzies Aviation charged 587€ for ground handling. Looking at the invoice I probably made a mistake. Was charged “Full ground handling”. Other options were “only traffic handling” or “only ramp handling”. But while I was fixing the plane after landing a lady from Menzies already came with that invoice and charged my credit card. Did not have a closer look and was not aware of the exchange rate…Not sure if the other options would have been applicable. Will be leaving tmw, ask and post it here.

EDMA

SAS were 100 euros cheaper which really surprised me. Will you need deicing?

Last Edited by JasonC at 24 Nov 19:11
EGTK Oxford

Most probably yes, Jason. Want to fly out tmw at 5:00. Temps during the night are around freezing point. Wonder if this already included in the big package…

EDMA

Manitu wrote:

Wonder if this already included in the big package…

Unfortunately it isn’t. You paid for handling. Will get airport fees on top sent after you leave. If you can and it is safe to do so remember to tell them wings and stab only. Will save you 50 litres.

There is a new GA apron coming there which will be more FBO-like and avoid all the complicated security and handling.

Last Edited by JasonC at 24 Nov 20:18
EGTK Oxford

ok, made it back yesterday. De-Icing was not necessary. But it was quite foggy (RVR 450, VV002). Needed to ask for marshaller to guide me to runway, since the canopy was wet due to the humidity in the air and it was dark. Nevertheless the price is really an issue.

Moreover you are in the “airliner system”, no “GA procedures” at ESGG, means that you have to wait, or to obey to silly rules (e.g. handler is not allowed to take you with their car. You have to wait for a bus that could accomodate for 150+ pax etc.)

Hopefully the new GA apron will help!

EDMA
Sign in to add your message