Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA 13-14 May 2017 Fly-In Roskilde EKRK / Copenhagen

OK. That’s very good. Let’s run with both. I have renamed the Polish thread to say “June”.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Dresden is fine by me. It is however also quite far North and will not have much better weather than Copenhagen. Not sure about eastern Poland.

So if the weather is a consideration, maybe south is better…

Avignon is a good destination we have not done yet. Bezier as well

Last Edited by Aviathor at 14 Nov 20:57
LFPT, LFPN

Aviathor wrote:

Dresden is fine by me. It is however also quite far North and will not have much better weather than Copenhagen

I’d argue that chances for fair weather in early summer are better in that part of Germany than in Copenhagen?

Both locations (and any other one that’s within reach for me) I’d be interested in, though. This is independent of the Poland Fly-In, which I also find tempting.

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

I vote first week in May, Spain or Greece. I’ll have the week off, very likely come with a lovely wife.

Tököl LHTL

boscomantico wrote:

Personally, I wouldn’t do (as a pre-planned flyout) Copenhagen in early or mid May, but rather reserve such “northerly” destinations for high summer (between end of June and end of August). Sure, there will be no guarantees for nice warmish weather in July either, but the chances are sonewhat better.

Just a reminder: Southern Scandinavia is not Greenland. We have no polar bears or need for ice-breeakers, and the sun goes up every day.
If the last 3 springs are any indications, May is a great time to fly to Denmark and southern Sweden. Not very hot but definitely sunny.
But I am slightly biased.

ESMK, Sweden

Arne wrote:

If the last 3 springs are any indications, May is a great time to fly to Denmark and southern Sweden. Not very hot but definitely sunny.

I agree. EKRK would be a great destination in May.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Arne wrote:

May is a great time to fly to Denmark and southern Sweden. Not very hot but definitely sunny.

I agree that May is often a good time to visit Scandinavia, while June is often rainy.

LFPT, LFPN

But I am slightly biased.

Probably so. I grew up in the very north
of Germany and have flown to Denmark tons of times over the years, in all seasons. Sure, you can always be lucky, but likely not so. Spring and summer often arrive awfully late in these places. Just my experience.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Arne wrote:

We have no polar bears or need for ice-breeakers, and the sun goes up every day.

I’m disappointed seeing polar bears was my main reason for visiting Scandinavia.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Dresden is a lovely place to visit yes. I’d try to do it. Also distance wise not a bad place for me, 300 NM that is about 2 hours flying time from Zurich

Lots to see there, nice down town and nearby the Karl May Museum (Radebeul) which I had planned to visit for a long time.

Flew to Leipzig a few years back, also nice.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
Sign in to add your message