Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

European e-AIP URL?

I’ve written a Groovy script (which uses Apache HTTP Components) which worked perfectly fine.

This one was written in C

However, I’m not completely sure this was legal.

I am sure it is legal to use it for your own purposes.

Anyway, with autorouter’s WebDAV server it’s obsolete.

Indeed, although it does put all your eggs in one basket

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

chflyer wrote:

By far the easiest way that I’ve found to get the AIPs is via Autorouter, either using the on-line browser or using folder sync from an app to the Autorouter webdav server. Instructions to do this are here.

Checked this one out of curiosity and it is missing a lot of things. GEN and ENR are completely missing. Also, category B aerodromes, that have ICAO codes, are missing. AIP AMDT and SUP are also missing.

EAD Basic is much more complete.

ESME, ESMS

That’s correct when syncing using the webdav server, for example on an ipad using goodreader. In that case, only airfields are retrieved. What you mean by “category B aerodromes, that have ICAO codes”? Can you give an example?

GEN, ENR, AMDT, SUP, AIC are all there using the AIP browser … see here. This tool is very fast and much more usable, in my opinion, than the clumsy EAD Basic.

LSZK, Switzerland

chflyer wrote:

What you mean by “category B aerodromes, that have ICAO codes”? Can you give an example?

https://aro.lfv.se/Editorial/View/5592/ES_AD_1_1_en local copy

From page 19 and forward.

Last Edited by Dimme at 18 Mar 14:33
ESME, ESMS

Dimme wrote:

Eh? This is the complete list of all aerodromes with location indicators in Sweden, except heliports.

And even if you exclude the airports which are also in AD 2, the list includes both licensed and unlicensed airports.

The only references to airport categories that I know of are in airline ops where it is a “difficulty” classification.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

You are missing the point and get stuck in the details…

ESME, ESMS

Peter wrote:

Bear in mind that this site is set up so that all the URLs expire at each AIRAC cycle i.e. every 28 days. It prevents bookmarking any documents. I believe it does that even if the document itself has not changed.

It’s worse than that – the URLs expire when your session times out – just a few hours.

I wonder what the motivation for that might have been? Well, to prevent the URLs being passed around or posted or forums, sure, but why?? Do they secretly encode into the URL a timestamp, so you cannot lie about when you obtained the briefing?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Do they secretly encode into the URL a timestamp, so you cannot lie about when you obtained the briefing?

Not impossible, though it may just be a unique transaction identifier, which is a very frequent thing on database-backed sites.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Dimme wrote:

OK, thanks. I thought you meant charts for those airfields. The AD 1.1 doc is on the autorouter AIP browser, so all that AD info is also there.

As you point out, the webdav server only supplies AD charts, but I couldn’t find any charts for the unlicensed ADs in Sweden on EAD Basic either. Perhaps I just don’t know where to look.

LSZK, Switzerland
Sign in to add your message