Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

European e-AIP URL?

right click on file “Save link as” and later select “Keep”. Feedback to EAD team already provided but we all know how it works with those general feedback form…

LKKU, LKTB

What is the reason?

I have just done the AIP for LDLO and it works fine in chrome. A few days ago all Eurocontrol AIP links were duff, in both Chrome and FF.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Use Firefox.

ESME, ESMS

It probably has to do with the implementing of some rule into the browser engines whereby you are no more able to open PDF documents in the browser. It’s a known issue in chromium-based browsers (Microsoft Edge latest version and Chrome). I don’t know the exact details, but it has something to do with implementing security policies around PDF documents. Exact details can be found here. The only work around I know of, which works sometimes, is go to settings in your browser and set downloading PFD document to enable. Another work around is using Safari (for opening EAD), this still works.

EHLE (Lelystad - NL), Netherlands

Nope, I don’t get it.

ELLX

Yes; get it on all browser installations at home and the office, but others aren’t.

Administrator

anybody getting this message when trying to access the EAD? disable all extensions but didn´t help

www.ead.eurocontrol.int is blockedRequests to the server have been blocked by an extension.
Try disabling your extensions.
ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT

LKKU, LKTB

Just to update this thread: you can now get EAD airfield AIPs from the EuroGA Airports Database.

The above mentioned URL expiry issues still apply, but we present a list of URLs to the EAD PDFs and you just click on them. The PDFs come direct from EAD.

Incidentally, I did some tests to check the post above from @stevelup. Using a clean browser, M$ Edge, I went to EAD twice, logging out and closing the browser each time. The URLs are identical, on this occassion:

https://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/eadbasic/pamslight-D659784DCD439379F965447C460F5188/SVR2UEKJIUOIC/EN/AIP/AD/LF_AD_2_LFAT_en_2020-03-26.pdf
https://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/eadbasic/pamslight-D659784DCD439379F965447C460F5188/SVR2UEKJIUOIC/EN/AIP/AD/LF_AD_2_LFAT_en_2020-03-26.pdf

Then I did the same with a running copy of Chrome and got the same URL again:

Recent experiments with users around Europe have found that the URL is the same from different countries, too. So it does not encode the user or anything to do with his session, location, machine type, and the PDFs are similarly identical so contain no location- or user-specific “watermark”.

One would need to experiment more to determine what EAD is doing, but as I say above it doesn’t matter anyway. It could matter a lot if we were caching the PDFs!

Administrator

Dimme wrote:

You are missing the point and get stuck in the details…

So you mean “airports without ATS”?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Unlicensed is not in EAD..Annex 15 data is the scope. VFR ADs are a can of worms in Europe

Last Edited by Vref at 19 Mar 00:52
EBST
30 Posts
Sign in to add your message